Helpful Information About Cycling in Metro Vancouver
Maps & Route Planning
Route planning has a HUGE impact on safety! Plan ahead.
Insurance & Theft
Be prepared in case of an incident on your bike, or when encountering a dangerous situation on a bike route.
Buying a Bike
Resources to help you decide which bike makes sense for you - cargo, road, hybrid, or city/commuter.
Cycling Safety & Tips
Our Streetwise program includes a variety of public courses to reach people with different skill and experience levels. Sign up today!
Local cycling groups meet regularly to discuss cycling issues. You are welcome to join!
Issues & Improvements
Help maintain cycling infrastructure by reporting potholes and unsafe street conditions or to request improvements. Or get involved in a HUB Local Committee and help us write letters, attend meetings and consultations.
Bike Research & Data
We can make cycling better through education.
- HUB Cycling Amenities - Informing Design for End of Trip Cycling Amenities in Vancouver.
- Cycling in Cities Research Program (UBC)
- Safety Evidence for Bicycling (UBC)
- The Economics of Bike Parking (White Paper, Urban Racks)
- Value for Money: An Economic Assessment of Investment in Walking and Cycling (Dr. Adrian Davis)
- Cycling Research (McGill University)
- Initiative for Bicycle and Pedestrian Innovation (Portland State University)
- Toronto Cycling Think & Do Tank (University of Toronto)
- AARP Livable Communities
- Complete Streets Complete Networks: A Manual for the Design of Active Transportation