Maple Ridge / Pitt Meadows
Ride your bike in Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows? Interested in improving local bike routes, cycling education or events? Attend the next Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows Local Committee meeting to see what we're doing to advocate for safer and better biking. All are welcome - no experience required!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list to get regular updates, follow the public discussion about cycling in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows, and have your say.
HUB Cycling views the diversity of our members and communities as assets and strive to create and sustain a diverse and culturally competent organization that reflects the populations we serve. This is central to our mission, “to get more people cycling more often” and to our ongoing efforts to remove barriers to cycling.
Chairs: Ivan Chow and Barry Bellamy
Visit wiki.bikehub.ca to access past committee meeting minutes, agendas, communications, ride assessments, and more.
Meetings are currently held virtually due to COVID-19.
Monthly, on the 2nd Thursday, 7:00-9:00 pm (no meeting in December)
Location: Online, visit the HUB Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows wiki for more information
Email email@example.com to be added to the mailing list and receive meeting announcements and links.
- Protected bike facilities along 128th Ave as part of the watermains construction by Metro Vancouver
- Protected bike facilities along 203rd Ave, Abernathy, 224th and 240th Ave
- Improved cycling connectivity between Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows (Lougheed Hwy)
- Lougheed Hwy separated multi-use facilities from Meadowtown Mall at Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows border to 240th Street
- Working to get Lougheed Hwy in the cycling network as part of the multi-modal transportation network for the Maple Ridge town core
- Improved cycling facilities for the Haney Bypass
- Improvements and signage of the 117th ave east west bike route
- Improvements of the 123 and 121st east-west bike routes
- Advising city staff on the need for a Maple Ridge bike map
- Meetings and rides with mayor and councillors
- Provide information and cycling resources at events like GETI Fest and Earth Day
- Organize community bike rides such as the Art Studio Bike Tour and Bike the Farms Day
Check out our Committee website Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Cyclist - feel free to leave a comment!
The City of Maple Ridge, City of Pitt Meadows, and TransLink have created maps of the cycling networks in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows to help all cyclists navigate safely and comfortably on their bikes. These maps are updated regularly to provide current information on cycling and show the comfort levels of each route based on how separated it is from traffic. PDF versions of the maps for Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows are available at the links below. Cycling maps for other Metro Vancouver municipalities are available at bikehub.ca/maps.
- TransLink Maple Ridge Cycling Map (including Pitt Lake and Pitt Meadows) (PDF, Updated Feb 2021)
- City of Maple Ridge Cycling Map
- City of Pitt Meadows Cycling Map (PDF, Updated 2013)
Cycling 'Hot Spots' in Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows
As part of HUB's State of Cycling project, BikeMaps.org produced a series of maps highlighting conflict areas for cyclists across Metro Vancouver. See the map for 'hot spots' in Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows. Please note that these maps show conflicts, but don't account for ridership levels. You can log conflicts/crashes and near misses on BikeMaps.org. Help improve cycling infrastructure and close 'gaps' by getting involved with HUB's work in your area. See details above for the Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows Local Committee. Special thanks to BikeMaps.org for all their help and assistance in producing these maps.