Youth Advisory Committee
Are you a young person who loves to bike and wants to work with other passionate young people to get more people cycling more often? HUB Cycling's Youth Advisory Committee is a youth-led group focused on getting more youth—high-school and university aged people—to get on their bikes.
Join our Discord server to learn about what we're working on! All are welcome!
If you would like to join the group, introduce yourself in the discord channel or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little bit about yourself!
The Youth Advisory Committee meets virtually on Discord and Zoom. Join the discord server to get updates, and email email@example.com to be formally added to the membership list.
The Youth Advisory Committee meets twice a month, every two weeks
Formal monthly meeting: Thursday in the last two weeks of the month
Informal monthly meeting: Thursday in the first two weeks of the month
Time: 6:30 - 8:00 PM
Location: Online, via Discord or Zoom.
HUB Cycling’s Youth Advisory Group is a platform for youth to collaborate on initiatives to engage their communities and get more youth cycling more often.
Join us if you:
- are between the ages of 14 and 24
- live in Metro Vancouver
- have an interest in environmental issues, biking, advocacy, active transportation, and/or urban planning
- have fresh perspectives and positive energy!
- are passionate about getting more people biking!
- Join our discord server or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to get involved!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Meet like-minded and passionate youth
- Work on projects and campaigns that make a difference
- Be the youth voice for the biggest bike advocacy organization in Metro Vancouver
- Get volunteer credit hours
- Gain skills such as leadership, advocacy, graphic design, and public speaking
- Access to a $400 yearly budget
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Work on cycling advocacy actions outside of meetings
- Advocate for youth cycling concerns
- Get more high school and university-aged people biking more often!
- See our action plan to see what we have planned!