HUB Cycling is a charitable non-profit organization that has spent over 20 years removing barriers to cycling in Metro Vancouver while cultivating active transportation's health, environmental, and economic benefits. HUB has educated thousands of people, motivated thousands more, and championed improvements such as #UnGapTheMap to create a connected cycling network.
HUB Cycling’s mission is to get more people cycling more often. We make cycling better through education, action and events. More cycling means healthier, happier, more connected communities. We’re leading the way in making cycling an attractive choice for everyone.
HUB Cycling has close to 3,000 members and more than 65,000 direct supporters. HUB Cycling has ten volunteer committees across Metro Vancouver that encourage cycling for all ages and abilities (AAA) in Metro Vancouver.
HUB Cycling was established in 1998 (originally named the Vancouver Area Cycling Coalition) to improve cycling conditions in Metro Vancouver.
We acknowledge that HUB Cycling, through our various projects, operates on the traditional and unceded territories of many Coast Salish People, including:
- Qayqayt First Nation
- Xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band)
- sḵwx̱wú7mesh úxwumixw (Squamish Nation)
- Səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh First Nation)
- Kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem First Nation)
- Q̓íc̓əy̓ (Katzie First Nation)
- Kwantlen First Nation
- Semiahmoo First Nation
- sc̓əwaθən məsteyəxʷ (Tsawwassen First Nation)
- Esquimalt Nation
- Songhees First Nation
We acknowledge the harms of colonization experienced by Indigenous peoples and commit to working toward decolonizing our profession, communities, places of work and communities in which we deliver our programs. On this interactive map, you can learn more about the distinct languages, economic backgrounds, and First Nations communities in regions across British Columbia.
Are you interested in becoming a HUB Board Member?
If so, email email@example.com for more information or follow our events block on our home page for the latest updates on our next Annual General Meeting and Board Elections.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Vision - In Metro Vancouver in 2030, cycling is an attractive transportation option because it is fun, safe, convenient and comfortable for people of all ages and cycling abilities. Investment in cycling is aligned with ambitious government mode share goals, cycling education is universally accessible and cycling facilities are connected throughout the region.
Our Mission - To get more people cycling, more often.
Our Core Values - As Metro Vancouver's most recognized and respected cycling transportation organization we:
- Respect all forms of transportation
- Value cycling as a community building tool & as a healthy practice for individuals & our environment
- Provide inclusive, forward-thinking programs and services, known for engagement and empowerment of the community and their transportation choices
- Avoid funding or support that could compromise the integrity of our mission, purpose or values
What We Do
- Provide bicycle education for all ages
- Communicate & encourage more people to cycle, more often
- Build a fun & social community with events, programs & courses
- Work with governments, businesses & community organizations
- Research & write letters & reports
A member-based organization, we strive to remove barriers to cycling and improve the quality of our communities, our health, the environment, and local economies.