HUB Cycling is a charitable not-for-profit organization that has spent over 20 years removing barriers to cycling in Metro Vancouver, while cultivating the health, environmental, and economic benefits that active transportation can bring. HUB has educated thousands of people, motivated thousands more, and championed improvements such as #UnGapTheMap to create a connected cycling network.
HUB Cycling’s mission is to get more people cycling more often. We make cycling better through education, action and events. More cycling means healthier, happier, more connected communities. We’re leading the way in making cycling an attractive choice for everyone.
HUB Cycling has close to 3,000 members and more than 40,000 direct supporters. HUB Cycling has 10 volunteer committees across Metro Vancouver that encourages cycling for all ages and abilities (AAA) in municipalities across Metro Vancouver.
HUB Cycling was established in 1998 (originally named the Vancouver Area Cycling Coalition) to improve cycling conditions in Metro Vancouver.
We acknowledge that HUB Cycling, through our various projects, operates on the traditional unceded territories of many First Nations in British Columbia. Learn more about the distinct languages, economic background, and First Nations communities in regions across British Columbia on this interactive map.
Are you interested in becoming a HUB Board Member? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or follow our events block on our home page for the latest updates on our next Annual General Meeting and Board Elections.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Vision - In Metro Vancouver in 2030, cycling is an attractive transportation option because it is fun, safe, convenient and comfortable for people of all ages and cycling abilities. Investment in cycling is aligned with ambitious government mode share goals, cycling education is universally accessible and cycling facilities are connected throughout the region.
Our Mission - To get more people cycling, more often.
Our Core Values - As Metro Vancouver's most recognized and respected cycling transportation organization we:
- Respect all forms of transportation
- Value cycling as a community building tool & as a healthy practice for individuals & our environment
- Provide inclusive, forward-thinking programs and services, known for engagement and empowerment of the community and their transportation choices
- Avoid funding or support that could compromise the integrity of our mission, purpose or values
What We Do
- Provide bicycle education for all ages
- Communicate & encourage more people to cycle, more often
- Build a fun & social community with events, programs & courses
- Work with governments, businesses & community organizations
- Research & write letters & reports
A member-based organization, we strive to remove barriers to cycling and improve the quality of our communities, our health, the environment, and local economies.