Work at HUB Cycling
HUB Cycling is a charitable non-profit organization that has spent 25 years removing barriers to cycling in Metro Vancouver while cultivating the health, environmental, and economic benefits that active transportation brings. HUB Cycling has educated and motivated thousands of people and championed improvements that #UnGapTheMap to create a more connected cycling network.
HUB Cycling’s mission is to get more people cycling more often. We make cycling better through education, action, research, consulting, and events. More cycling means healthier, happier, more connected communities. We’re leading the way in making cycling an attractive choice for everyone.
HUB Cycling is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free hiring process and work environment. People with disabilities, women, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized groups, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, and members of other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
We acknowledge that HUB Cycling, through its various projects, operates on the traditional unceded territories of many First Nations in British Columbia. Learn more about the distinct languages, economic backgrounds, and First Nations communities in regions across British Columbia on this interactive map.
If you require accommodation when navigating the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for our Bike Bulletin newsletter to stay up to date with future postings.
Are you a strategic and visionary leader? Do you have a passion for cycling for transportation? HUB Cycling is seeking an Executive Director to lead a growing, entrepreneurial organization getting more people cycling more often in Metro Vancouver and throughout BC. This position provides a powerful value-aligned opportunity to create positive change in our communities.
Learn more and apply here.
Calling all educators! The swim/ski instructors, guides, teachers, active “retirees”, and those who enjoy staying active in their community. Applications are open in January-March & July-August for both Part-time & Full-time seasonal Bike Education Instructors to join our growing team this spring. Teach youth across Metro Van how to ride safely and confidently as part of our #biketoschool program. Don't miss out on this fun, flexible, hands-on position.
Learn more & apply here.
HUB Cycling is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free hiring process.
- For most positions, we anonymize applications before they are screened by the hiring committee to help us reduce bias in hiring decisions.
- Interviews can be conducted by phone, video call, or in person. Please let us know if you have a preference or require other accommodations to have your access needs met.
- Interview questions are provided ahead of most full-length interviews to allow candidates to process and prepare.
- Interviews use behavioral questions to understand your strengths and experience in a variety of paid or volunteer roles.
- We aspire to continue to learn and adapt our hiring process to reduce bias and barriers. We welcome suggestions and input from prospective candidates.
We commit to rewarding people fairly for their contributions to getting more people cycling more often.
- Pay scales are benchmarked against similar roles in the Metro Vancouver non-profit sector.
- HUB strives to meet the living wage for families as a minimum for all staff.
- We provide flexible and wide-ranging benefits that meet the diverse needs of staff and support an inclusive work environment. We offer:
- Ten wellness days annually
- Three weeks' vacation annually to start
- Competitive, extended health and dental benefits after three months, fully paid for by HUB Cycling
- Transparency on pay scales and steps, and other forms of compensation, to all staff.
- Staff salaries are reviewed annually as part of the annual review between employees and their managers.
WORKING AT HUB
HUB is a great place to work! Here are some of the reasons why:
- Hybrid work environment. All staff are expected to work partially remotely, with 1 or more days a week in our shared office space at 312 Main Street, Vancouver, BC
- Flexible hours and time off in lieu
- $500 towards your home office set up and $25 a month towards internet costs (after a 3-month waiting period)
- A supportive and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds and identities are welcome
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Annual all-staff ride designed to build relationships and explore new infrastructure
- Complimentary access to a VIP Mobi bike membership
OPPORTUNITIES AT OTHER BIKE FRIENDLY BUSINESSES
Zipply is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) service provider with a focus on Last Mile operations in Vancouver, BC since 2023. They are a HUB Cycling Organization Member specializing in net-zero delivery in high-density areas where they can utilize sustainable infrastructure, such as bike only lanes and designated bike routes, as well as Specialty Use Cargo E-Bikes. The experienced team is dedicated to providing an affordable yet highly efficient service that can deliver effectively where traditional delivery vehicles cannot.
As a member-based organization, HUB Cycling is accountable to its members and is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership. Our goal is strong and balanced leadership, and our nomination process helps us get there. Visit the Board of Directors' information page to learn more.
VOLUNTEER WITH HUB CYCLING!
You can be part of the HUB Cycling team by volunteering just a few hours per week or month. We rely on volunteers of all ages to support our work on cycling improvements across Metro Vancouver using such skills as office administration, event support, data entry & analysis, research, design, public relations and community engagement.