Richmond / YVR
Ride your bike in Richmond or around YVR/Sea Island? Interested in local cycling action, education or events? Attend your local HUB Cycling committee meeting to see what's happening. All are welcome - no experience required!
Email your local Committee Chair to be added to the mailing list.
- Chair: Stephen DesRoches
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly: 3rd Tuesday, 7-8:30pm (No meetings in July and August)
- Location: City Community Centre 5900 Minoru Blvd, 2nd Floor, Richmond, BC V6X 0L9
- Find out more: Visit the HUB Richmond/ YVR wiki
HUB Committee Calendar
News & Current Events
- Working with the City of Richmond on updating the Transportation Plan.
- Working with MoTI on improving the Shell Road Trail.
- Providing input on Massey Tunnel replacement plan.
- Regular assessment rides of the region are being done.
- Support for more secure bike parking
Bike Rack Locations in Richmond
- Multi-use path added on Mccallan Road from River Road to Westminster Hwy (2017)
- Upgrade of crosswalk at Westminster Highway at Mccallan Road to a pedestrian/ crossbike with bicycle detection (2016)
- Neighbourhood bike route on Ash Street between Williams Road And Granville Ave (2016)
- Addition of bike-activated lights at Ash St and Blundell intersection (2016)
- Multi-use path added on the north side between May Drive and Garden City Road (2016)
- Installation of a Steam Whistle Brewing Bike Repair Station at O'Hares Gastropub on Steveston Highway at Railway (2015)
- Postponement of the removal of a bike lane along Granville Ave from City Hall (No. 3 Road) to Minoru (2015)
- Green surface treatments on bike lanes - Cooney Rd, Granville Ave, Great Canadian Way (north of Bridgeport Road), Minoru Blvd, and Westminster Highway at No. 5 Road (2014-15).
- Westminster Highway improvements in the vicinity of Gilley Rd and Smith Cr (2014)
- Parkside Neighbourhood Link - protected multi-use pathway on Granville Ave between Ash St and Garden City Park (2014)
- No. 6 Road Pathway, a 2-way off-street multi-use pathway, part of the Westminster Highway-Commerce Parkway road widening project (2014)
- Ride the Road cycling education - HUB provided five-day in-class and playground-based bike courses to a total of 8 grade 4,5,6 & 7 students at two local schools, in cooperation with the Richmond School District and City of Richmond (2014)
- Learn to Ride cycling education - HUB led a beginners course for recent immigrants residing in Richmond, in cooperation with Immigrant Services Society of BC and City of Richmond (2014)
- Railway Avenue Greenway enhancements (2014)
- Separated bike lane on Westminster Highway from Nelson to McMillan Way (2013-14)
- Railway Avenue Greenway completed (2013)
- Completed HUB Committee assessment rides of Shell Road, Canada Line Bridge connection, Tillbury Industrial Park, and the South Perimeter Road (2012-13)
- Crabapple Ridge Bike Route - City of Richmond’s first neighbourhood bike route, a north-south local road route and off-street pathway between Terra Nova and Steveston (2012)
- Richmond HUB Committee formed (2012)