Richmond / YVR
Ride your bike in Richmond or around YVR/Sea Island? Interested in local cycling action, education or events? Attend your local HUB committee meeting to see what's happening. All are welcome - no experience required!
Email your local Committee Chair to be added to the mailing list. Or join our Yahoo discussion group to follow the public discussion about cycling in Richmond, and have your say. Click here to join.
- Secretary: Stephen DesRoches
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Monthly: 4th Tuesday, 7:00-8:30pm
- Location: Waves Coffee, London Plaza, 5951 No 3 Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 2E3
HUB Committee Calendar
News & Current Events
- Working with the City of Richmond on updating the Transportation Plan.
- Working with MoTI on improving the Shell Road Trail.
- Providing input on Massey Tunnel replacement plan.
- Regular assessment rides of the region are being done.
- Support for more secure bike parking
Bike Rack Locations in Richmond
- Installation of a Steam Whistle Brewing Bike Repair Station at O'Hares Gastropub on Steveston Highway at Railway (2015)
- Postponement of the removal of a bike lane along Granville Ave from City Hall (No. 3 Road) to Minoru (2015)
- Green surface treatments on bike lanes - Cooney Rd, Granville Ave, Great Canadian Way (north of Bridgeport Road), Minoru Blvd, and Westminster Highway at No. 5 Road (2014-15).
- Westminster Highway improvements in the vicinity of Gilley Rd and Smith Cr(2014)
- Parkside Neighbourhood Link - protected multi-use pathway on Granville Ave between Ash St and Garden City Park (2014)
- No. 6 Road Pathway, a 2-way off-street multi-use pathway, part of the Westminster Highway-Commerce Parkway road widening project (2014)
- Ride the Road cycling education - HUB provided five-day in-class and playground-based bike courses to a total of 8 grade 4,5,6 & 7 students at two local schools, in cooperation with the Richmond School District and City of Richmond (2014)
- Learn to Ride cycling education - HUB led a beginners course for recent immigrants residing in Richmond, in cooperation with Immigrant Services Society of BC and City of Richmond (2014)
- Railway Avenue Greenway enhancements (2014)
- Separated bike lane on Westminster Highway from Nelson to McMillan Way (2013-14)
- Railway Avenue Greenway completed (2013)
- Completed HUB Committee assessment rides of Shell Road, Canada Line Bridge connection, Tillbury Industrial Park, and the South Perimeter Road (2012-13)
- Crabapple Ridge Bike Route - City of Richmond’s first neighbourhood bike route, a north-south local road route and off-street pathway between Terra Nova and Steveston (2012)
- Richmond HUB Committee formed (2012)