Tri-Cities - Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam & Port Moody
2018 Municipal Elections
General Election Day: October 20, 2018
Would your local candidates for mayor and council vote in favour of increasing cycling education, investment, and infrastructure that would #UnGapTheMap in your municipality and the region more broadly? And would they make these commitments within the next four-year election cycle?
Coquitlam - Candidate Responses
Advance Voting October 10-19, 2018
For more election information visit Coquitlam.ca
Port Coquitlam - Candidate Responses
Advance Voting October 10 and 17, 2018
For more election information visit Port Coquitlam
Port Moody - Candidate Responses
Advance Voting October 10 and 13, 2018
For more election information visit Port Moody
Ride your bike in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam or Port Moody? Interested in local cycling action, education or events? Attend your local HUB committee meeting to see what's happening. All are welcome - no experience required!
Email local Committee Chair to be added to the mailing list.
- Chairs: Jack Trumley and Andrew Hartline
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly: 1st Tuesday, 7:00-9:00pm (No meetings in July & August)
- Location: Coquitlam Public Library, 1169 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam See Map
- Find out more: Visit the Tri Cities wiki page or join us on our HUB Tri-Cities Facebook Page
HUB Committee Calendar
Join us on our HUB Tri-Cities Facebook Page!
Visit our wiki (in progress) for meeting minutes, letters and reports.
News & Current Events
- Continue to meet with Ministry of Transport and other stakeholders to extend Central Valley Greenway to the Port Mann Bridge and beyond.
- Providing feedback and suggestions to Port Moody, Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam regarding cycling infrastructure.
- Working towards improvements and amendments to the cycling facilities/access on and around the new Port Mann Bridge infrastructure.
- Working to improve Pitt River bridge cycling connections.
- Continuation and completion of bike routes along Lougheed Highway, between Schoolhouse and Coquitlam Centre, as well as between the Coquitlam Center and Pitt River Bridge.
- Improving safety and access for cyclists on Kingsway in Port Coquitlam, especially around Broadway Street, & as an access point towards the Pitt River Bridge
- Working to improve east-west bike lanes in Port Moody and Port Coquitlam
- Working to improve cycling network connectivity throughout the Tri-Cities region
- Mixed use path and on-street bike lanes on David Avenue in Coquitlam
- Bike lanes along Murray street in Port Moody
- New bike lanes along Barnet and Lougheed in Coquitlam
- Funding secured for upgraded bike lanes along Barnet in Coquitlam
- Key north-south routes in Coquitlam (Pinetree, Johnson)
- Port Mann bridge access and safety improvements