Ride your bike in Burnaby? Interested in local cycling action, education or events?
Email your local Committee Chair to be added to the mailing list. Or join our Yahoo discussion group to follow the public discussion about cycling in Burnaby, and have your say. Click here to join.
- Monthly: 2nd Tuesday, 6:15-8:15pm (no meeting in August)
- Location: BCIT Burnaby Campus - Building SE12 Room 101Q, 3700 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby.
Want to #UnGapTheMap in Burnaby? Join a Transportation Plan forum! More details here.
- Wed. Sept. 19th- 7-8pm at Tommy Douglas Burnaby (7311 Kingsway Ave, Burnaby)
- Tues. Oct. 23rd- 7-8pm at Lochdale Community School (6990 Aubrey St, Burnaby)
HUB Committee Calendar
Sunday Community Rides
July 15th- Burnaby Fraser Foreshore Park. Begins at the end of Byrne Road, Burnaby at 10am. Returns at 12noon.
August 26th- Coquitlam Dikes. Begins at the Gillnetter Pub (1864 Argue St), Port Coquitlam at 10am. Returns at 1pm.
September 16th- Begins at the corner of Victoria Drive at E Broadway, Vancouver at 10am. Returns at 1pm.
*Rides suitable for ages 12 and up. Please bring water and wear a helmet*
FortisBC Gasline Upgrades- Cycling Detours between Gilmore Ave and Holdom Ave
- Designate a HUB representative for the City of Burnaby Bicycle Advisory Group
- Commitment to improve the cycling entries and exits from the Iron Workers' Memorial Bridge
- Connecting Burnaby's four town centres with All Ages and Abilities bikeways
- Gilmore Hwy 1 overpass bikeway
- BC Parkway improvements between Patterson station and Royal Oak station
- Douglas Road Lougheed Highway along Highway #1 Overpass to Deer Lake Parkway and Wayburne Drive
- Boundary Road from Central Valley Greenway to Frances/Union bikeway
- Completion of the multi-use path on the east side of Sprott Street (crossing Hwy 1) and a 1.5m cycle lane on the west side
- New 3.5 metre wide pedestrian/cyclist multi-use path on the east side of Willingdon Avenue Overpass (crossing Hwy 1), and a new 1.5 metre wide on-road cycling lane along the west side (2014)
- New 4 metre multi-use path on the west side of Kensington Avenue Overpass (crossing Hwy 1) and a 1.5m cycle lane on the east side (2014)
- Plan to widen sidewalks and improve cycling access to Ironworkers Memorial Bridge (2013)
- Participating in Movement for Health Day by planning a family bike ride at Burnaby Lake (2013)
- HUB Burnaby committee honoured with an Environmental Award From the City of Burnaby (2012)
- Assisted with the design of the Victory (2005), Cariboo (2005), Sea to River (2004), and Southeast Burnaby (2003) bike routes
- Pushed for changes to Burnaby's Official Community Plan to better reflect needs of cyclists (2002)
- Preservation of the Lougheed Highway bike lanes after construction of the Millennium SkyTrain line (2001)