Surrey / White Rock
Ride your bike in Surrey or White Rock? Interested in local cycling action, education, or events? Attend your local HUB committee meeting to see what's happening. All are welcome - no experience required!
The City of Surrey is always planning new projects for new bike lanes and multi-use pathways as part of its Cycling Plan.
Click here to download a PDF version of the City of Surrey's Cycling Plan.
Join our mailing list via groups.io to get regular updates, follow the public discussion about cycling on the Surrey and White Rock, and have your say.
HUB Cycling views the diversity of our members and communities as assets and strive to create and sustain a diverse and culturally competent organization that reflects the populations we serve. This is central to our mission, “to get more people cycling more often” and to our ongoing efforts to remove barriers to cycling.
Co-Chairs: Tim Yzerman & Colin O'Byrne
Facebook Page: HUB Surrey White Rock
The Surrey Local Committee meets in person, with a virtual option available. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Monthly, on the third Wednesday of the month (second Wednesday in June), from 7:00 - 8:30 pm (No meetings in July and August)
Location: Online, visit the Surrey-White Rock wiki for more information or join us on our Facebook page.
Cycling in Surrey Promo Video
The City of Surrey and TransLink have created maps of the cycling networks in Surrey and White Rock to help all cyclists navigate safely and comfortably on their bikes. These maps are updated regularly to provide current information on cycling and show the comfort levels of each route based on how separated it is from traffic. PDF versions of the maps for Surrey and White Rock are available at the links below. Cycling maps for other Metro Vancouver municipalities are available at bikehub.ca/maps.
- TransLink Surrey Map (including White Rock) (PDF, Updated Feb 2021)
- City of Surrey Cycling Map (PDF, Updated 2016)
- City of Surrey Cycling Resources
Cycling 'Hot Spots' in Surrey & White Rock
As part of HUB's State of Cycling project, BikeMaps.org produced a series of maps highlighting conflict areas for cyclists across Metro Vancouver. See the map for 'hot spots' in Surrey & White Rock. Please note that these maps show conflicts, but don't account for ridership levels. You can log conflicts/crashes and near misses on BikeMaps.org. Help improve cycling infrastructure and close 'gaps' by getting involved with HUB's work in your area. See details above for the Surrey/White Rock Local Committee. Special thanks to BikeMaps.org for all their help and assistance producing these maps.
- Providing an all-ages, all-abilities connection between King George Skytrain with Green Timbers and Wild Flower Greenway and Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Promoting Active transportation in Central City
- Completing the BC Parkway between Scott Road Skytrain Station and Patullo Bridge
- Converting 2 lanes on University Drive for cycling
- Reviewing shared lane facilities in other parts of the region to add bike lanes
- Connecting Coverdale to Langley with a new route bypassing the hill and the major gap on Highway 10 between 176 Street and 192 St
- Adding a new route connecting the Newton Greenway and North Delta at Strawberry Hill
- Adding Local Street Routes in Surrey
- Supporting the Community Plan for City Centre which adds many separate bike lanes and new greenways
- Identifying top Gap priorities for UnGaptheMap
- Addition of new shared bike routes and improved signage in White Rock
- Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project Consultation
- Adding cycling routes to White Rock tourist maps
- Secure Bike Parking at Surrey Centre
HUB occasionally hosts assessment rides of the local bicycle network and provides input to city staff in Surrey and White Rock.
Please forward any Surrey or White Rock bike issues or concerns to the Surrey / White Rock HUB Committee so that we might include these in our efforts for better cycling in the region.
- Construction of 16 Ave overpass over Highway 99 (2016)
- 105 A Ave separated bike lanes in the City Centre (2016)
- 20 Avenue bike lanes (2015)
- New Greenways in Fraser Heights
- Addition of Bike Lanes with most scheduled repaving projects throughout Surrey
- Surrey Lake Greenway (140St to 144St) (2015)
- 24/7 cycling over the Patullo Bridge during the Rehabilitation project (2016)
- Secure Bike Parkade at King George Station (2015)
- Opening of the Bon Accord bike bridge and bike route from city centre to the Port Mann Bridge
- Provided input to City of Surrey's cycling plan and greenways master plan, adopted by the city in 2012.
- Opening of the Pioneer Overpass (2011)
- Completion of Surrey's first neighbourhood bike boulevard route in South Surrey (2011)
- Grand opening of a pedestrian/cycling overpass over Hwy 1 and a paved pedestrian/cycle paths in Tynehead Park (2011)
- Particapated in collecting input for a City of Surrey transportation survey (2009).
- New construction and parking for Serpentine Fen, resolving lack of bike route sencil on King George Highway near Serpentine River.
- Bike lanes completed on Crescent Rd. 136 St. to 128 St. & 128 St. from Crescent Rd. to 17 Ave. (Ocean Park Shopping Centre) (2005)
- Shoulders paved on King George Highway, Colebrook Rd. to 8 Ave. (2004–05)
- Bike lanes on south side of 16 Ave., 148 St. to 152 St. (2005)
- Destination bike route signage, Guildford—Central City (2005)
- Destination bike route signage—King George Hwy (2005)
- Improved design and placement priorities of bike route signage and design of bike lanes at right turn lanes (2004)
- Bike shuttle across the Patullo Bridge during structure upgrades (2004)
- Patullo Bridge sidewalk off ramp improvements (2003)