Read our COVID-19 Protocols for In-Person Engagement to learn what HUB Cycling is doing, and what you can do, to stay safe while participating in our programs.
For the last decade, HUB Cycling has steadily expanded its event programs, encouraging and promoting bike-friendly fun for all ages and abilities across Metro Vancouver. Our events include:
Bike to Shop (August 13 - 21, 2022)
- From August 13 - 21, local businesses in neighborhoods across Metro Vancouver will be offering free coffee, snacks, sweet discounts, and more to people who bike by. Learn more
Bike to School Week (May 30 - June 3, 2022)
126 schools took part in Bike to School Week 2021, logging over 40,000 bike trips! Learn more
Spring Go by Bike Week (May 30 - June 5, 2022)
People cycling log their daily bike trips for a chance to win amazing prizes and to help support cycling in Metro Vancouver! Celebrate going by bike each spring and fall around the region. Learn more
Bike Awards (February 24, 2022)
- Our virtual Bike Awards celebrates the organizations and individuals that made biking better across Metro Vancouver over 2021
- Check out last year's event on our Facebook page (no account required).
Go by Bike Week (September 27 - October 3, 2021)
- People cycling log their daily bike trips for a chance to win amazing prizes and to help support cycling in Metro Vancouver! Celebrate commuting by bike each spring and fall around the region. Learn more
Bike to Shop (August 7 - 20, 2021)
- From August 7 - 20, local businesses in 20 neighbourhoods across Metro Vancouver will be offering free coffee, snacks, sweet discounts, and more to people who bike by. Learn more
Bike Reels Video Contest (Closed June 6, 2021)
We received some amazing submissions for this year's Bike Reels student video contest. Learn more
WEBINAR: The Potential of Cargo Bikes for Business (March 4, 2021)
Learn about bike freight delivery and transport and how its application can provide sustainable solutions and opportunities for businesses and municipalities alike. Speakers will include, Sam Starr, Cycle Logistics & Sustainable Urban Freight Expert, Mike Zipf, Senior Engineering Assistant, Transportation Planning, City of Vancouver and Sandra Allen, Co-Owner, Director & HR Manager of Shift Delivery Coop. Erin O'Melinn, HUB Cycling Executive Director will be moderating. Further details will be confirmed.
Bike The Night (paused for 2021 & 2022)
- HUB Cycling's annual Bike The Night is taking a break this year. We look forward to organizing a similar event when the situation is less uncertain!
We would love your organization or business to get involved in our events. We have a range of opportunities for you.
See all the ways in our Events: Get Involved information.
Please note that this document was originally published in early March 2020, and hasn’t been updated yet to reflect how COVID-19 has impacted our events programming for 2020
HUB members get VIP invites and discounts to events throughout the year including the Bike Awards, and our annual Holiday Party!
Join HUB, if you're not a member already, to get invites to these fun and free events.
Interested in marketing opportunities through event sponsorship?
Let us customize something for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about your goals and how we can help you achieve them.