Read our COVID-19 Protocols for In-Person Engagement to learn what HUB Cycling is doing, and what you can do, to stay safe while participating in our programs.
For the last decade, HUB Cycling has steadily expanded its event programs, encouraging and promoting bike-friendly fun for all ages and abilities across Metro Vancouver. Our events include:
Bike to Work Week (September 28-October 4, 2020)
People cycling logged their daily bike trips for a chance to win amazing prizes and to help support cycling in Metro Vancouver. Celebrate commuting by bike each spring and fall at Celebration Stations around the region.
Bike to School Week (September 28-October 2, 2020)
A record 124 schools signed up for Bike to School Week in spring 2019, logging over 20,000 bike trips. Registration for the September 2020 event is now open! Learn more
Streets for People (September 25 to Monday, October 12, 2020)
- HUB Cycling staff, in collaboration with our New Westminster Local Committee volunteers and Happy City, is hosting Activation events throughout the month of September. We welcome people who live, work or play in New Westminster to join us to learn about one or more of the City’s current road reallocation projects. They will be fun and informative, COVID-safe events. Learn more.
Bike Awards (February 27, 2020)
- The HUB Bike Awards is an annual celebration of people and organizations that are doing amazing things to make biking better. This is a HUB VIP event.
Become a HUB Member.
Go By Bike Week: Digital Event Series, Presented by MEC (May 2020)
- In May 2020 we planned a week-long schedule filled with prizes, online events (including classes, tutorials, and discussions on active mobility), and partnerships with favourite local organizations to promote cycling as a healthy means of transportation. Read more about this "virtual success" here.
BIKEnnale/WALKennale - presented by HUB Cycling (July 26th -August 30th, 2020)
- HUB Cycling is excited to be joining forces with Vancouver Biennale as their in-kind presenting sponsor for this years BIKEnnale/WALKennale! For six Sundays this summer between July 26th -August 30th hop on a bicycle and discover some of Vancouver's distinct and unique neighborhoods through multiple virtually guided tours. Highlighting historical, cultural, and architectural wonders anchored by Vancouver Biennale public art installations.
Bike to Shop Days (August 17-28, 2020)
Make a commitment to bike and shop local this August! This year’s event aims to encourage communities to support local businesses and showcase how beneficial cycling can be to the local economy.
Bike The Night (paused for 2020)
- HUB Cycling's annual Bike The Night is taking a break this year. We look forward to organizing a similar event when the situation is less uncertain!
We would love your organization or business to get involved in our events. We have a range of opportunities for you.
See all the ways in our Events: Get Involved information.
Please note that this document was originally published in early March 2020, and hasn’t been updated yet to reflect how COVID-19 has impacted our events programming for 2020
HUB members get VIP invites and discounts to events throughout the year including the Bike Awards, and our annual Holiday Party!
For 2020, HUB Cycling is partnering with Vancouver Biennale to offer HUB Cycling members a discount to BIKEnnale/WALKennale.
Join HUB, if you're not a member already, to get invites to these fun and free events.
Interested in marketing opportunities through event sponsorship?
Let us customize something for you. Please email email@example.com to talk about your goals and how we can help you achieve them.