Go by Bike Week
Fall Go by Bike Week: Sept 27 - Oct 3
Be part of the change and help make Metro Vancouver a happier, healthier place to live, work and play!
Register for Go by Bike Week today. Already taken part before? Log a trip to be considered a participant.
What to Expect:
Go by Bike Week is a week-long behaviour change campaign aimed to showcase how resilient cycling is as a mode of transportation. During the week-long event, HUB Cycling encourages people to get out and ride their bikes anywhere and everywhere. Log your trips online at btww.ca for a chance to win great prizes, track your kilometres, and see how many greenhouse gas emissions you’ve saved.
Interested to know what took place in spring 2021? Check out the schedule here:
Why Register for Go by Bike Week?
- Registration is free
- Enter into prize draws and the overall grand prize
- Logged trips help us work with local leaders to improve cycling conditions in Metro Vancouver
- Challenge others and be in with a chance of becoming an award-winning team
- Remember that all bike trips count - trips to work, a shop, the gym, or just for leisure!
How it Works and Fall 2021 Goals:
It's fun, easy, and free to participate in Go by Bike Week. Here's how it works:
1. Register for Go by Bike Week. You can start a team, join a team, or register solo. If you registered in the past, you do not need to re-register - simply log in and record a trip after the official launch to be considered a participant. Note: Your team for Go by Bike Week in 2021 can be your workplace, family, household group, or challenge a group of friends!
2. Encourage your colleagues, family, or friends to join your team to win great prizes!
3. Log your trips to be entered to win more amazing prizes. Each day you log, you'll be entered into the daily giveaway for bikes, gear, and more! The more times you log a trip, the greater your chances of winning the daily prize!
Spread the Word and Media
Spread the word about Go by Bike Week!
Come back soon!
Team Leader Resources
Do you love cycling and want to encourage others to try biking during their daily commute? Consider becoming a Team Leader this year! Team Leaders help us make Go by Bike Week a success. Thank you to the over 1,000 Team Leaders in Metro Vancouver that helped us reach almost 7,000 registrants last year - let's see how many people we can get cycling in 2021!
Team leader guidance
Other resources available:
Understanding your dashboard
If you're already a Team Leader and want some help understanding your Team Dashboard, check out this video.
Email Template for Colleagues/Friends/Family:
Go by Bike Week is just around the corner from May 31 - June 6, and we're looking to build our largest team to be recognized across Metro Vancouver! Here are three easy steps to register for (your team name)
Go to the Go by Bike Week Registration Page
Select: 'I am a Rider'
Select: 'Join an existing Team.'
Simply type in your team name and join in on the fun this spring!
Get Involved and Volunteer
Sponsorship and Supporting - We would love your organization or business to get involved in Go by Bike Week. We have a range of opportunities for you.
1. What are the benefits of participating in Go by Bike Week?
There are so many reasons to go by bike!
- It's fun
- It's great for your health and keeps you active.
- It helps save you money.
- It helps reduce air pollution and congestion.
- It's great for workplace comradery.
- There are tons of great prizes to win.
- The data we collect from the event helps to make biking better in Metro Vancouver.
2. What kind of trips can I log?
Pretty much anytime you have to lock your bike! or for 2021, anytime you hop on a training bike at home. But it should be on a bike - walking is great but doesn't count for this event :)
3. What if I'm retired / work from home / a student?
We still want you to join in on Go by Bike Week! As mentioned above, any time you use your bike for transportation, you can log that trip.
4. How do I become a Team Leader and register a new team?
Click here and register. After you enter your personal information, choose to register as a Team Leader.
5. I have an existing team on the website. Are we automatically registered for this event?
If you are already registered on the site, you must log a trip after our official launch date.
6. How do I modify the route that Google Maps has automatically created for me?
Once you have input your start and endpoint, you can try to customize your route if you like (but it's not always easy!). You don't have to do this, though - it's ok if your route isn't perfect -the system records only the total kilometres and number of trips.
- Click and drag any point on the purple directions line to any place on the map.
- Google Maps immediately re-creates the directions on both the map and the left panel.
- The point you added appears as a white dot on the route.
- Google Maps also updates the estimated travel time and distance.
- Move a destination by dragging a marker to another place on the map.
7. Can I automatically import my rides from another tracking app?
Unfortunately, our system does not support integrations with any distance tracking app (e.g. Strava, MapMyRun, Biko, etc.) at this point in time. If you're already using an app to track your distance, we recommend using the Quick Kilometre Log feature in your Dashboard to input your ride distance for each trip quickly. Our tool is the only one where your trips are communicated to decision-makers to show the demand for a fully connected, safe cycling network and better education and policies.
8. How do I change teams?
Sign in to your dashboard and click on "Change my Team." If you are a Team Leader, you will need to assign a new Team Leader before changing teams. Sign in to your dashboard and click on "Team Profile" to assign a new Team Leader. You will then become a rider and can click on "Change my Team."
9. How do I change the Team Leader?
Sign in to your dashboard and click on "Team Profile" to assign a new Team Leader.
10. Do I have to pay to register or be part of Go by Bike Week?
No, Bike to Work Week is entirely free for you! Thanks to our sponsors, we can offer this community and workplace event free of charge to everyone in Metro Vancouver.
11. How do you calculate GHG emissions?
"Kilograms of Greenhouse Gases Saved" is calculated based on an average vehicle size/model's emissions per kilometer driven. The formula used is 0.2168 Kilograms of Greenhouse Gases saved per Kilometre.
12. How do you calculate calories burned?
"Calories Burned" is calculated based on a very generic formula. Since you do not have to enter your weight when you register and your cycling speed when you log a trip, it is the average weight of males and females in the BC Population and calculated calories burned based on an average speed. The formula used is 30 calories burned per kilometer cycled.
13. Do high schools register through Go by Bike Week? How?
Yes, high schools are encouraged to register through Bike to Work Week and track their trips using our online tracking tool. To sign up, a member from the high school will act as your team leader, setting up the high school as a ‘team’ by registering the school at bikehub.ca/registration. After creating a team, your team leader is able to invite fellow students and teachers to join your team.
14. Are high school students eligible to win Go by Bike Week prizes? And What Prizes are available?
Yes! High schools are eligible to win Go by Bike Week prizes. All you have to do to win a prize is log a trip through our tracking tool.Along with being eligible to win Go by Bike Week prizes, a separate set of prizes are also awarded to top-performing high school students (e.g., most trips logged, most km logged, top rider from new school). Participants are only eligible to win one prize. Specific prize details will be released on our website shortly.
15. I am already registered with an organization, but I want to make another group with my friends & family.
When registering through the btww tracking tool, simply select ‘other’ in organization type.
Still, have questions? Email us at email@example.com, and we'll be happy to help you!
Thank you to our 2021 Sponsors!
Thank you to our 2021 Supporters!