2018 Municipal Elections
General Election Day: October 20, 2018
Would your local candidates for mayor and council vote in favour of increasing cycling education, investment, and infrastructure that would #UnGapTheMap in your municipality and the region more broadly? And would they make these commitments within the next four-year election cycle?
Advance Voting October 9, 10, 11 and 17, 2018
For more election information visit Langley.bc.ca
City of Langley- Candidate Responses
Township of Langley- Candidate Responses
Township of Langley
Advance Voting October 10-15 and 15-18, 2018
For more election information visit TownshipOfLangley.ca
* Candidate responses listed in alphabetical order within each election race, beginning with Mayor.
Ride your bike in the City or Township of Langley? Interested in local cycling action, education or events? Attend your local HUB committee meeting to see what's happening. All are welcome - no experience required!
Email your local Committee Chair to be added to the mailing list.
- Chair: Tony Bisig
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Monthly: 3rd Monday, 7:00-8:30pm. (No meetings in August and December)
- Location: Township of Langley Civic Facility, Murray Creek Room, 20338 - 65 Avenue. See a map to the meeting location here.
- Find out more: Visit the HUB Langley wiki group or check out the facebook page and website.
HUB Committee Calendar
Sub-Committees & Working Groups
- Inventory / 'Gap' List
- Bike to Work Week / Bike to School Week
- Membership & Volunteers
- Sport / Competitive Cycling
Infrastructure Improvement Priorities
- North-south route improvements
- Golden Ears Bridge to Walnut Grove to Langley City to Brookswood and beyond to Campbell Valley Park (208th/203rd corridor)
- Glover Road from Langley City to Fort Langley
- Aldergrove to Gloucester Industrial Park
- Aldergrove to Aldergrove Regional Park (to Zero Avenue)
- East-west arterial improvements
- 96th Avenue from Surrey to Fort Langley
- Fraser Hwy from Surrey to Abbotsford
- 40th Avenue from Brookswood to Fraser Hwy
- Zero Avenue from Surrey to Abbotsford
- All transit centres to be connected with bike lanes
- All schools to have bicycle access
- All civic and recreation facilities to be accessible by bicycle
- All shopping centres to be accessible by bicycle
- Downtown Langley City to be accessible by bicycle
- Bike route access and egress on the Langley side of the Golden Ears Bridge