Raise Your Bike IQ with HUB StreetWise Cycling Courses.
Our streetwise program includes a variety of public courses to reach people with different skill and experience levels. Whether you're brand new to riding, looking to gain confidence on city streets, or want hands-on experience with bike maintenance, we've got a course for you. Courses are held at a mix of community centres, libraries and other public locations across Metro Vancouver, with the exception of private Learn to Ride courses. Our experienced instructors include a mix of women and men of all backgrounds, highly trained with years of experience teaching bike safety (both on and off the road). Meet our instructors!
Learn more about our course options:
- Learn to Ride is two custom 90-min intro classes for those who haven't cycled in years, or ever.
- Ride the Road is our series of classes for intermediate riders that combine classroom & on-road instruction for anyone who can ride, and would like to get comfortable riding on city streets.
- Family Streetwise is a course aimed at building road safety skills and confidence so you can ride on the road together as a family.
- Advance Your Ride is cycling skills & safety training for all road situations. This course is a requirement to become a HUB Cycling instructor.
- Basic Bike Maintenance courses include 1 and 2 hour hands-on classes to keep your bike in good working order.
We also have courses and programs for newcomers to Canada that we run in collaboration with local partners. Learn more about these programs here.
Course full, or seeking a custom workshop? Email us - we can add you to a course waitlist, or tell you how to book your group.
We've partnered with Mobi by Shaw Go and Vancity to create a series of fun, educational videos. Read more about the program on our blog post, and watch the first video below!
Thank you to TransLink for their support of cycling education.