Our 1-hour interactive webinar courses are available free of charge to the public via Zoom. They are also available to schedule specifically for your organization, workplace, or in your community. See Workplace Cycling Workshop Page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a custom webinar course.
Intro to City Cycling
Intro to City Cycling is the perfect introduction to cycling best practices for people looking to gain knowledge about how to bike safely around the city. The webinar covers the rights and responsibilities of cyclists and looks at various traffic scenarios encountered in city cycling. Participants will learn how to share the road and communicate with other road users, how to take their bike on transit, types of biking gear, and how to plan a safe route.
The one-hour Intro to City Cycling webinar will be offered at the following date and time:
- Wednesday, May 12, 11 am - 12 pm. Event finished.
- Monday, May 31, 12 - 1 pm. Event finished.
- Thursday, June 24, 5 - 6 pm. Event finished.
- Monday, July 25, 4:30 - 5:30 pm. Register here!
Intro to E-Biking
This introductory workshop is designed to provide you with useful tips for buying, riding, and caring for your e-bike. You will learn about the pros and cons of e-bikes, as well as types, classes, cost, and performance to help you choose the right one for yourself. It will also cover tips for caring for and maintaining your e-bike, along with relevant by-laws and regulations to help give you more confidence in navigating your ride.
The one-hour Intro to E-Biking webinar will be offered at the following dates and times:
- Thursday, May 20, 3 - 4 pm. Event finished.
- Friday, June 4, 12 - 1 pm. Event finished.
- Wednesday, August 4, 11 am - 12 pm. Register here!
Basic Bike Maintenance
This workshop is for participants who are new to maintaining their bikes or would like a refresher. In this workshop, you will develop a thorough understanding and vocabulary of the key components of your bike. We will show you how to do a basic inspection to make sure your bike is in good running order, basic tools to carry, simple adjustments and maintenance that can be done at home, and how to fix a flat. You may get the most out of this workshop by having your own bike nearby.
The one-hour Basic Bike Maintenance webinar will be offered at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, May 25, 5:30 - 6:30 pm. Event finished.
- Tuesday, June 15, 11 am - 12 pm. Event finished.
- Thursday, July 8, 5 - 6 pm. Register here!
- Thursday, August 19, 1 - 2 pm. Register here!
Planning Your Next Bike Ride
This workshop combines research findings and practical tools and resources for planning safe and enjoyable routes for your next ride. You will learn about important factors to consider for route planning, route characteristics associated with safety, tips for riding in urban versus rural areas, and multimodal trip planning. Discover our favourite apps, route planning sites, and a list of recreational destinations and rides in the Metro Vancouver region accessible for all ages and abilities.
The one-hour Planning Your Next Bike Ride webinar will be offered at the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, June 30, 4:30 - 5:30 pm. Event finished.
- Tuesday, July 13, 1 - 2 pm. Register here!
- Tuesday, August 10, 11 am - 12 pm. Register here!
Biking with Children
Bringing children of all ages along on bike rides is an excellent way to get fresh air, exercise, and have fun together while travelling the city.
We hope to encourage and inspire you to get on your bike with your kids by providing answers and helpful tips about stages of development of kids from passengers to independent riders, road safety, route planning, cycling gear, and how to make bike riding easy, safe and fun for everyone.
The one-hour introduction to Biking with Children webinar will be offered at the following dates and time:
- Tuesday, June 8, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Event finished.
- Wednesday, July 21, 11 am - 12 pm. Register here!
Fall & Winter Cycling
This webinar course covers everything you need to know about cycling in Metro Vancouver's fall and winter riding conditions. Key topics include outfitting your bike and yourself for fall and winter riding, advanced cycling safety, cold-weather care for your bike, and route planning considerations.
The one hour Fall & Winter Cycling webinar will be offered at the following dates and time:
- Monday, September 20, 12 am - 1 pm. Taking place as part of our Fall Go By Bike Week. Registration link coming soon!
- Tuesday, October 12. 6 pm - 7 pm. Registration link coming soon!
Thank you to our generous sponsors:
Thank you as well to our supporters: