Metro Vancouver Bike Match Program - Donate or Need a Bike
Want to donate a bike? Do you need a bike? You’re in the right place.
In Metro Vancouver, bicycles are essential transportation for many who need to get around during the coronavirus pandemic. This might include traveling to essential jobs, running crucial errands, or participating in mutual aid for vulnerable people who cannot leave their homes. Inspired by a program introduced by Transportation Alternatives, HUB Cycling is connecting people in Metro Vancouver who have an extra bicycle to people who need one. Whether you have a bike you would like to donate or need a bike, fill out the form below, and we will do our best to match you up!
UPDATE - MAY 11: This form is both for people looking to lend their bike OR donate their bike. A new question has been added for people with an extra bike asking them to state their preference. This form is NOT for purchase matching.
- Only offer bikes that are in ready-to-ride condition. You can donate a used bike.
- If you are offering a bike, for sanitary purposes, clean the bike thoroughly before hand-off (handlebars, gear shifters, seat, etc).
- Both people offering and receiving bikes will be expected to participate in an outdoor, no-contact exchange in a public place observing physical distancing guidelines of being at least 2 metres apart.
- If you have a fever or cough or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have been exposed to someone who has a fever or cough, please self-quarantine for at least 14 days and refrain from participating in this program.
- For sanitary purposes, all bike exchanges are permanent until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
- This a free program open to all but priority will be given to essential workers. The person lending or donating their bike will not be receiving monetary compensation.
If you have any questions, please email Rianna here.
The name and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form.