Lime's First Ride Academy
June 21, 2022
Lime is the world’s largest shared electric vehicle company who are on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. They have recently launched their e-bike and e-scooter share service in Richmond.
Lime is partnering with HUB Cycling to run a First Ride Academy in Minoru Park so that anyone in Richmond wanting to try a scooter or e-bike can learn how under the guidance of two highly experienced HUB instructors. The instructors will be able to assist with helmet fittings and road safety tips. Drop in, no registration required.
Saturday, July 9th, 12pm - 2pm.
August dates TBD
September dates TBD.
Here's a recap of where e-scooters are permitted to operate in Richmond!
- streets with cycling facilities such as bike lanes;
- local streets without cycling facilities, defined as a street without lanes lines or a directional dividing line and a maximum speed limit of 50 km/h or less;
- streets without cycling facilities that have a directional dividing line and a maximum speed limit of 30 km/h;
- off-street paved pathways next to the roadway or in parks that are signed and marked for shared use with pedestrians.
- E-scooters are not permitted on sidewalks or on unpaved trails. Maximum speeds are:
- 20 km/h on roadways
- 15 km/h on paved pathways shared with pedestrians