Bike to Work Week
Be part of the change and help make Metro Vancouver a happier, healthier place to live, work and play! Register for Bike to Work week today. Already taken part before? Simply log a trip to be considered a 2019 participant.
- Enter into daily prize draws and the grand prize of an adventure for two to Italy with Exodus travel. Remember to both log a trip and register on the Exodus contest page to be in for a chance of winning!
- Logged trips help us work with local leaders to improve cycling conditions
- Challenge others and be in with a chance of becoming an award winning team
Remember that all bike trips count! This year we encourage you to register for Bike to Shop Days (by updating your user profile in your BTWW Dashboard) and also log trips during the weekend of June 1-2 for more chances to win more prizes and support biking.
2019 Dates: May 27 to June 2 | October 21 to 27
How it Works
It's easy, fun (and free) to participate in Bike to Work Week presented by JUMP. Here's how it works:
1. Register for Bike to Work Week. You can start a team, join a team, or register solo. If you registered in the past, you do not need to re-register - simply login and record a new trip after April 4th to be considered a 2019 Participant.
2. Encourage your colleagues to join your team to win great prizes!
3. Log your trips to be entered to win more amazing prizes. Each day you log you'll be entered into the Daily Giveaway for bikes, gear, and more!
4. Check out the Celebration Station Map to find out where you can stop for free snacks, some quick bike maintenance, and more prize draws throughout the week. 2019 locations coming soon!
New This Year
Continue the momentum and join us for Bike to Shop Days, the weekend of Bike to Work Week, June 1-2.
1. Sign up to participate in Bike to Shop Days during the BTWW registration process. If you registered in the past, update your User Profile in your BTWW Dashboard to include participation in Bike to Shop Days. By registering, you'll be entered to win the Shop grand prize and help us show that bikes and business are a good match!
2. During Bike to Shop Days we encourage you to visit celebration stations, shop local by bike, join guided rides, and log trips to be entered to win prizes and support better biking.
3. You can find more information about the event, celebration stations and register for guided rides at bikehub.ca/biketoshop.
Dozens of Celebration Stations with free snacks, basic bike maintenance, and prizes will be set up across Metro Vancouver during Bike to Work Week presented by JUMP. Check out our full map of celebration stations here where you can search by day of the week and location.
Spread the Word
Spread the word about Bike to Work Week presented by JUMP and help us break records this year!
Download our poster to display at your office, or share the images below online!
Download our 2019 Bike to Work Week Media Kit (PDF)
Team Leader Resources
Do you love cycling and want to encourage others to try biking their daily commute? Consider becoming a Team Leader this year! Team Leaders help us make Bike to Work Week a success. Thank you to the over 1,500 Team Leaders in Metro Vancouver that helped us reach almost 18,000 registrants last year - let's see how many people we can get cycling this spring!
Team leader guidance
Other resources available:
Understanding your dashboard
If you're a Team Leader already and want some help understanding your Team Dashboard, check out this video.
Email Template for Colleagues
Hello colleagues / friends
Bike to Work Week presented by JUMP is around the corner and we're looking to build our largest team yet to be recognized across Metro Vancouver! Here are three easy steps to register for (your team name)
Go to the Bike to Work Week Registration Page
Select: 'I am a Rider'
Select: 'Join an existing Team'
Simply type in your team name and join in on the fun this spring!
Do you have an e-newsletter? Please consider including a post about Bike to Work Week!
Here's some sample text to help you get started:
HUB Bike to Work Week presented by JUMP - May 27 to June 2, 2019
Join thousands across Metro Vancouver this Spring for HUB Cycling's annual Bike to Work Week presented by JUMP (May 27 to June 2). Register and log your bike trips online for a chance to win one of five daily grand-prize giveaways and over $10,000 in additional prizes! During the week you can visit a celebration station for free coffee, snacks, bicycle maintenance, and more daily giveaways.
Register FREE today!
F @WeAreHUB T @WeAreHUB I @HUBCycling #Bike2Work
Grand Prize Trip for Two with Exodus Travels
Win a trip for two to cycle in Italy's Prosecco Hills. Prize includes airfare and is worth over $7000. To be eligible for this prize, participants need to log a trip during Bike to Work Week and complete this form.
Earlybird Registration Prize
Team Leader Prize Giveaways
The top Team Leaders who recruit the most new bike commuters will win some great prizes!
Team Growth Prize
All team leaders who add five or more riders to their team this season will be entered into the draw to win a $350 Shopping Experience at Kit and Ace!
Each day that you log a trip during Bike to Work Week you will be entered in our Daily Giveaway.
Tuesday: Infinity Boss 3 supplied by Infinity Cycle Works
Wednesday: Micro Puff from Patagonia
Thursday: Infinity Boss 3 supplied by Infinity Cycle Works
Friday: Devinci Cartier Altus 8S supplied by Reckless Bike Stores
The Georgia Straight will be hosting a contest at www.straight.com from May 20 - 30. Enter to win a BC Ferries Travel Voucher! You can get a return ticket for 1 car and 2 passengers on any southern route.
JACK FM Prizes
Stay tuned for what you can win when you enter the JACK FM prize.
Enter Breakfast TV’s contest between May 27th to May 31st and be into win 1 of 5 shopping experiences with Kit and Ace.
Wrap Up Party Draw Prize
Come to the BBQ and be entered to win a Henty Wingman Backpack valued $330!
Volunteer at this year’s Bike to Work Week events and be into win one of five Ryders Eyewear Invert glasses with veloPOLAR™ antiFOG technology.
Celebration Station Prizes
There are loads more prizes to be won. Check out the celebration station map on what prizes are being offered where. We’ll update these as they are confirmed - so keep checking. We have prizes from Scandinave Spa, Whistler, Forged Axe Throwing, Body Energy Club, Krusty's Cycles, Cartems Donuts and so much more!
Congratulations to the organizations who logged the most bike trips in their respective size and type categories in 2018! Winners in all 2019 categories will be recognized at our Bike Awards early in February 2020.
Bike Friendly Business
Bike Friendly Businesses are workplaces that employees enjoy commuting to by bicycle and where they feel supported to meet their health and wellness goals.
- Workplace Cycling Workshops
- Bike Friendly Business Solutions
- Bike Friendly Business Certification
- Workplace Cycling Incentives Resource Guide
- Marketing to People Cycling Guide
- Bikes & Business - What are the Benefits?
- Active Transportation Design
- Success Stories
- Bike Friendly Business Blog
- VIDEO: Building Workforce Vitality Through Cycling
What are the benefits of participating in Bike to Work Week presented by JUMP?
There are so many reasons to Bike to Work!
- It's fun
- It's great for your health and saves you money
- It helps reduce air pollution and congestion
- It's great for workplace comradery
- There are tons of great prizes to win
- The data we collect from the event helps to make biking better in Metro Vancouver
What kind of trips can I log?
Pretty much anything - trips to meetings, to school, the store, a hockey game, or the dentist can be logged towards your totals. Pretty much anytime you have to lock your bike! But it should be on a bike - walking to work is great but doesn't count for this event :)
What if I'm retired / work from home / a student?
We still want you to join in on Bike to Work Week! As mentioned above, any time you use your bike for transportation, you can log that trip.
I want to participate in Bike to Work Week but don't live in Metro Vancouver. Where do I go?
Bike to Work Week takes place in all of BC during the spring! Go here to register in your community.
What is a Team Leader?
A Team Leader is someone in the workplace that motivates co-workers to participate in Bike to Work Week. As the Team Leader, you can add people to your team in the registration system, or people can register and join your team. As Team Leader you can also log trips for your teammates and you'll be invited to special events. To become a Team Leader and register your team, click here.
How do I motivate teammates?
Check out our resources link above for lots of tips, posters and other information.
How do I become a Team Leader and register a new team?
Click here and register. After you enter your personal information, choose to register as a Team Leader
I have an existing team on the website. Are we automatically registered for this BTWW?
If you are already registered on the site, you must log a trip after April 4th, 2019 to be considered a spring 2019 participant.
Can schools participate in Bike to Work Week?
Yes! We encourage schools to start staff teams and/or classroom teams. We encourage high school and university students to use the Bike to Work Week Tracker (so they'll be entered to win our grand prize bikes and other prizes!). Elementary and middle schools may be more interested in Bike to School Week in the spring.
How do I modify the route that Google Maps has automatically created for me?
Once you have input your start and end point, you can try to customize your route if you like (but it's not always easy!). You don't have to do this though - it's ok if your route isn't perfect - only the total kilometres and number of trips are recorded by the system.
- Click and drag any point on the purple directions line to any place on the map.
- Google Maps immediately re-creates the directions on both the map and left panel.
- The point you added appears as a white dot on the route.
- Google Maps also updates the estimated travel time and distance.
- Move a destination by dragging a marker to another place on the map.
Can I automatically import my rides from another tracking app?
Unfortunately our system does not support integrations with any distance tracking app (eg Strava, MapMyRun, Biko, etc) at this point in time. If you're already using an app to track your distance, we recommend using the Quick Kilometre Log feature in your Dashboard to quickly input your ride distance for each trip.
How do I change teams?
Sign in to your dashboard and click on "Change my Team". If you are a Team Leader, you will need to assign a new Team Leader before you can change teams. Sign in to your dashboard and click on "Team Profile" to assign a new Team Leader. You will then become a rider and can click on "Change my Team".
How to I change the Team Leader?
Sign in to your dashboard and click on "Team Profile" to assign a new Team Leader.
Do I have to pay to register or be part of Bike to Work Week?
No, Bike to Work Week is entirely free for you! Thanks to our sponsors, we are able to offer this community and workplace event free of charge to everyone in Metro Vancouver.
Can I input my total kilometres from the old site so my stats reflect all the kilometres I've ever ridden?
Yes, just make sure to input these kilometres for a past date (January 15th, for example), so it doesn't skew our reporting.
How do you calculate GHG emissions?
"Kilograms of Greenhouse Gases Saved" is calculated based on an average of vehicle size/model's emissions per kilometre driven. The formula used is 0.2168 Kilograms of Greenhouse Gases saved per Kilometre.
How do you calculate calories burned?
"Calories Burned" is calculated based on a very generic formula. Since you do not have to enter your weight when you register and your cycling speed when you log a trip, it is an average weight of males and females in the BC Population and calculated calories burned based on an average speed. The formula used is 30 calories burned per kilometre cycled.
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help you!
Thank you to our Sponsors
Thank you to our Supporters!