Bike to Shop Days
Thanks to everyone who joined us for HUB’s first annual Bike to Shop Day in 2016! 945 participants registered online and hundreds more of you shopped locally by bike on Saturday, August 13th.
The 2017 Bike to Shop Days will be July 21-23rd, and promises to be an even bigger success as we spread the celebrations across even more neighbourhoods and communities.
Are you a business that missed out last year, but would like to get involved in next year's event? E-mail email@example.com and we'll be in touch with more information.
How it Works
1. Register free
2. Encourage family and friends to sign up and bike to shop during the event
3. On Bike to Shop Days, you can:
- Pick up a Bike to Shop Passport at any HUB station, visit celebration stations and discount providers on the passport to receive stamps and be entered to win additional prizes!
- Visit celebration stations for free food, drink, prizes and mechanic services, as well as tips on how to shop by bike. Check out our list of stations below.
- Ride to stores on our discount providers map.
- Join in a free guided ride.
- Ride to local stores in your own community.
Celebration Stations & Discount Map
Take a look at our 2016 list of discount providers. We encourage you to visit these businesses year round because they support biking!
Congratulations to all of this year's winners!
Congrats to Chris Walters who was the winner of our Grand Prize, a BC weekend getaway for two to the Okanagan. This package includes a two night stay at Hotel Zed in Kelowna courtesy of Accent Inns with flights from Pacific Coastal airlines. Enjoy the trip Chris!
HUB Bike to Shop Passport Prize
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Passport contest during Bike to Shop Day. Over 50 people completed the passport successfully, and Ken Lee was the lucky winner of a $500 Denman Bikes VIP Gift Card.
Hopefully you learned some new tips during Bike to Shop Day! Read our guide on Biking to Shop for some helpful reminders to keep you biking to shop all year round.
What are the benefits of participating in Bike to Shop Day?
There are so many, but here are a few of our favourite:
- Participating is free!
- Experience a fun way to do your shopping and learn new ways to easily carry items by bike
- To meet other people that like to bike and build community
- Free snacks, bike mechanics and discounts at participating stores
- Help us show that biking is good for businesses and visit local stores that support cycling!
There aren’t any celebration stations in my neighbourhood, but I’d like to participate. Can I bike-to-shop in my area?
Absolutely! Anyone in Metro Vancouver can register free for bike to shop day, to be entered to win great prizes. You can be part of the event by biking to your favourite shops on August 13th.
Do I need to log my shopping trips to be entered to win prizes?
No – simply register free online. Unlike Bike to Work Week, we will not be asking participants to log their trips for Bike to Shop Day this year. We will be sending a post-event survey where you can let us know what types of trips you made and share your bike to shop day experience with us.
I work for a business that would like to get involved. Who should I contact?
Fantastic! There are a number of ways businesses can support Bike to Shop Day - offering prizes, food and beverage donations, or becoming a Bike to Shop Day discount provider - to name a few. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to chat about these opportunities with you.
Thank you to our amazing 2016 event sponsors!
Special thanks to our event supporters!