Bike to School Week Media Kit 2022
Thank you for helping us spread the word about Bike to School Week! With your support, we hope to encourage over 14,000 students to take part in the event this year! Below you will find important information about the event and sample text for newsletter and social media promotions. Please feel free to use any of the images in this folder for your promotions.
About Bike to School Week:
Event Dates: Mon, May 30 - Fri, June 3, 2022
Bike to School Week is an annual celebration where we encourage students of all ages to bike, roll, or walk to school.
Increased active travel to and from school is associated with positive environmental, social, and safety benefits for students of all ages. Over 120 schools take part in a typical year across Metro Vancouver, with over 11,000 riders, 33,000 bike trips, and 16,000 other active travel trips. In 2021, 126 schools took part with 13,700 students tracking 40,500 bike trips!
HUB Cycling offers support such as resources and event ideas, prizes for participating schools, and Bike to School Week packages to make tracking rides easy! This year, the event takes place from May 30 - June 3, 2022.
Bike to School Week also takes place across BC through ‘Go By Bike for Schools’, and schools outside Metro Vancouver can register through Go By Bike BC. HUB Cycling’s Go by Bike Week also takes place the same week as Bike to School Week from May 30-June 5, 2022.
Why Register for Bike to School Week?
- We provide ready-made lesson plans, email templates, ideas for inclusivity, and resources in our Bike to School Week Guide.
- Schools who register by May 1 will receive a package from HUB Cycling containing tracking posters, stickers for logging trips, and temporary tattoos for students. The tracking stickers are a hit with students year after year!
- Bike to School Week offers the opportunity to build community, engage students in a green curriculum, and keep school culture alive during such a challenging year.
- Biking to school helps students meet the daily physical activity targets suggested by the World Health Organization, which have been shown to improve control over symptoms of anxiety and depression.
How to Register:
Parents, teachers, and school administrators can register their school for free on HUB Cycling’s website at bikehub.ca/btsw. Please include this link prominently in any Bike to School Week promotions.
About HUB Cycling:
HUB Cycling makes cycling better through education, action, research, and events. More people cycling means happier, healthier, more connected communities. We’re leading the way in making cycling an attractive choice for everyone!
Example Newsletter Copy:
Promoting school registration (ideal messaging for partners, sponsors, and supporters):
Encourage students to bike, walk and roll to school during Bike to School Week from May 30 - June 3, 2022! The event is a fun, free, week-long celebration put on by HUB Cycling to get students excited about active travel. Benefits of participating include students arriving energized and ready to learn, reduced congestion around schools, and an increased sense of school community. Students also benefit from engaging in a tangible green initiative that can be connected to your schools’ sustainability curriculum.
Register your school now at bikehub.ca/btsw
Promoting event participation at your school (ideal messaging for registered schools):
SCHOOL NAME is celebrating Bike to School Week this year from May 30 to June 3! We’re encouraging students and families to use active transportation for their trips to school all week - walking, biking, scootering, skateboarding, and using mobility aids all help reduce congestion in our school neighborhood and help students arrive at school energized and ready to learn.
We’re also hosting SCHOOL EVENT on DATE, TIME, and we hope that students can BRING BIKES, ETC.
IF LOOKING FOR PARENT VOLUNTEERS, INCLUDE INFO HERE.
LET PARENTS KNOW ANY OTHER DETAILS LIKE WHERE BIKES ARE BEING STORED DURING THE DAY, ANY INCENTIVES BEING PROVIDED, AND CONTESTS OCCURRING.
HUB Cycling’s Social Media & Website Info:
Hashtags: #Bike2School #BiketoSchool
Bike to School Week Webpage: bikehub.ca/btsw
Example Social Media Posts to Retweet/Reshare:
Example Social Media Posts to Create:
Don’t forget to tag us and use the hashtags #bike2school #BikeToSchool!
- Help keep your school community strong and connected with Bike to School Week. Bike, walk, or roll to school from May 30-June 3! Experience the benefits of active transportation: exercise, reduced carbon emissions, and energized students! Register your school today at bikehub.ca/btsw @WeAreHUB #bike2school
- Most of us have heard of Go by Bike Week - but did you know that your child can participate too? Bike to School Week is a great way to build a habit of active transportation that will last a lifetime while reducing congestion around schools. Register for #BiketoSchool Week now at bikehub.ca/btsw. @WeAreHUB
- Calling all students, teachers, parents, and school administrators - Bike to School Week is back! Bike, walk or roll to school from May 30-June 3 and experience all the benefits of active transportation. Registration is free and open to all Metro Vancouver schools. Register your school now at bikehub.ca/btsw
- HUB Cycling organizes Bike to School Week to get students excited about cycling - 126 Metro Vancouver schools participated in 2021, did yours? Parents & teachers can register their schools at bikehub.ca/btsw @WeAreHUB
- Sustainable and active transportation isn’t just for adults. Children love biking to school in Metro Vancouver, and HUB Cycling celebrates these mini cyclists with their own event - Bike to School Week takes place May 30-June 3. Register your local elementary school for Bike to School Week here: bikehub.ca/btsw @WeAreHUB
- It’s Bike to School Week in Metro Vancouver and we’re celebrating students riding and using other forms of active travel to get to and from school. If you haven’t yet, consider biking, walking, or rolling to school with your children this week! @WeAreHUB
- Did you know Bike to School Week is coming up from May 30-June 3? Kids can ride too! Sign up at bikehub.ca/btsw @hubcycling
- 126 schools registered for @hubcycling’s Bike to School Week last year - was your child’s school one of them? Register your child’s school today for this year's event from May 30-June 3 at bikehub.ca/btsw #bike2school
- Bike to School Week reduces your schools’ carbon footprint and allows students to participate in a green initiative at school #TeacherIdeas Register your school today at bikehub.ca/btsw @hubcycling #bike2school
- And we’re off - Bike to School Week is happening now and students across #MetroVancouver are turning rush hour into ride hour! @hubcycling #bike2school
- Help keep your school community strong and connected with Bike to School Week. Bike, walk, or roll to school from May 30-June 3! Experience the benefits of active transportation: exercise, reduced carbon emissions, and energized students! Register your school today at bikehub.ca/btsw @hubcycling #bike2school
- Help foster active transportation habits by starting early. Register your child’s school for Bike to School Week this year, May 30-June 3. bikehub.ca/btsw #bike2school @WeAreHUB
- Keep your school community strong this spring with Bike to School Week! Register your school today at bikehub.ca/btsw #bike2school #strongertogether @WeAreHUB
- Did you know that @WeAreHUB organizes Bike to School Week the same week as #GoByBike Week? Get your child’s school involved by registering at bikehub.ca/btsw #bike2school @WeAreHUB
- It’s Bike to School Week in Metro Van –if you’re not already, consider #cycling to get your kids to school this week! #bike2school @WeAreHUB
Example Images for Promotional Use:
If you have any questions about promoting Bike to School Week, please contact our Events and Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org