Basic Bike Maintenance
** No in person Basic Bike Maintenance Courses are planned for 2021; however, we will be offering Basic Bike Maintenance through virtual/webinar course format. Check out our WEBINARS PAGE for more information or sign up for our monthly Bicycle Bulletin to be notified when webinar courses are scheduled.
Gain more confidence making minor fixes.
Bring your own bike and we’ll show you how to do a basic inspection to make sure it’s in good running order. Doing the simple things on a regular basis will extend your bike's life! All courses will be held outdoors, rain or shine. These courses are all FREE!
There are currently no upcoming courses. Add yourself to the course interest list if you'd like to be notified when new courses are scheduled.
Learn how to:
- Clean and oil your chain
- Check your brakes and gears for wear
- Fix a flat tire (not really such a big deal after all!) *fixing a flat is covered mainly in 2 hour courses
- Know when it's a good idea to take your bike in for professional service
- Duration: 1 or 2 hours
- Location: community centres and libraries at select locations in Metro Vancouver
- Cost: Varies depending on location
- Audience: Ideal for ages 16 and up; exceptions may be made for youths 12-16 accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Although you don’t need to bring your bike, we recommend you do so for hands-on learning and to get the most out of the course!