Bike the Night Presented by MEC
On Saturday, September 16th join HUB Cycling and more than 5000 other riders for Vancouver’s only official night ride on city streets!
Experience the beauty and energy of nocturnal Vancouver at its best - by bike. Take in the city skyline as we cruise through car-free Vancouver streets and over the iconic Burrard Bridge.
You can now continue to buy tickets online until 6pm on September 16th. After that you can buy tickets on-site between 6pm and 7:30pm. If you already bought a ticket you can pick up your ride package on-site between 6pm and 7:30pm as well. Can't wait to bike the night with you!
Saturday, September 16th
Pre-Party: 6-8pm @ Concord Pacfic Place (88 Pacific Blvd)
This event would not be possible without the support of all of our generous sponsors below. Special thanks to MEC, the City of Vancouver, Richards Buell Sutton LLP, the Vancouver International Airport and Lafarge. If you ever have bike-related legal questions, the team at Richards Buell Sutton LLP have you covered.
HUB Volunteers are essential to our events, and we're always looking for new people to join the team. Interested in getting involved? Sign up here!
Bike the Night Registration Includes:
♦ Entry to win the the grand prize bike courtesy of MEC and other great prizes. Just register by Sep 15th at 8pm to be entered to win the MEC bike.
♦ Ride bracelet/sticker
♦ Invitation to our kick-off party at 6pm including:
• Free giveaways
• Free bike inspection & basic bike maintenance from MEC
• Live DJ - Rennie Foster!
• Pop up Ping Pong courtesy of frida&frank
• Bike decorating station
• Relay races and games
• Fluorescent airbrush tattoos by donation - proceeds go to the "Ride a Bike - Not an Elephant" campaign by Elephanatics BC
♦ On-road support (mechanical and first aid volunteers)
This ride is a celebration but also a great cause! HUB Cycling is a registered non-profit charity that has been working for nearly two decades to remove barriers to cycling and improve our communities, our health and the environment - but there is more to be done! By participating in this ride you will be helping HUB Cycling do its work while having an awesome time.
HUB's Tips for an Awesome Ride:
♦ Decked out bikes: Find great lights at MEC and other local bike shops. There will also be free bike decorating for participants at the start location.
♦ Costumes: Need creative inspiration? HUB has been brainstorming for you. Find some HERE.
♦ Music: Bring portable bluetooth speakers! Our good friend APOLLO will be curating a playlist for you - stay tuned for more details!
|HUB Cycling Bike the Night Ticket Costs||Launch Offer -||Regular Rate *||Last-Minute Rate +|
|Child aged 0 to 16||Free||Free||Free|
|HUB Cycling Member with valid card||$8.00||$10.00||$15.00|
Ticket combined with HUB Cycling yearly membership
Helps HUB Cycling have a stronger voice to make cycling infrastructure improvements and includes discounts at bike shops, on carsharing, invitations to HUB Cycling networking events & more!
|Regular Ticket + Student/Senior Membership||$23.00||$25.00||$30.00|
|Regular Ticket + Membership||$38.00||$40.00||$45.00|
|- Launch Offer: Until June 15th
* Regular Rate: June 16th - September 1st
+ Last-Minute Rate: September 2nd - September 16th
HUB Cycling wants to treat you and your friends, family or colleagues to a night out on the town! Groups of 10 or more will receive our special HUB member discount - only $10 per ticket until September 1st! Email Tracy@bikehub.ca for the group rate and more info!
Pre-Party & Route:
Bike the Night Presented by MEC will start and end at Concord Pacific Place (corner of Pacific Boulevard and Carrall Street between BC Place and Science World) at 6pm. The car-free 10 kilometre ride will be flat and easy and will start at 8pm.
Pre-Party @ Start Location: 6pm-8pm
*Please note that the ride route is subject to slight changes
Ways to get you (and your bike) to the start location:
- Expo Line (Chinatown Station)
- Canada Line (Yaletown Station)
- Aquabus Ferry (Edgewater Casino Station)
- Bike (Google Maps Cycling Directions can help you find the best bike routes)
HUB Cycling and MEC paired up this year to bring our riders lots of incredible prizes!
Register for Bike the Night by 8pm on Friday, September 15th and be entered to win this MEC Silhouette Unisex Bicycle. More details.
Regular Rate Prize
Follow HUB Cycling on social media to find out about many other great contests and social media prizes!
Looking to gain event experience? Volunteer for Bike the Night Presented by MEC and be part of one of the most exciting bike events this year! Join an awesome community and celebrate with us at the volunteer appreciation party.
Not a HUB Member yet? You are missing out on discounted Bike the Night tickets and more!
Join HUB as a member and help make Metro Vancouver a safer and better place to cycle. As a member you also get great benefits including discounts at over 40 bike and gear shops, deals on car and bike sharing and invites to fun events throughout the year including Launch Parties, the Fall Fashion Show and the HUB Holiday Party. Join us!
1. What about the weather?
If it’s nice out, we bike the night. If it’s sprinkling, we bike the night, if it’s raining… we bike the night! MEC has got you covered for whatever Vancouver throws at you.
2. Where is registration package pickup?
On Thursday September 14th and Friday September 15th you can pickup your package at the Creekside Community Centre (1 Athletes Way, Vancouver BC, V5Y 1B1) from 4:30pm-8pm. If you purchased multiple tickets please ask your guests to fill out the waiver ahead of time!
You may also pick up your registration package on the evening of the event (September 16th) from 6pm-7:30pm but we strongly recommend grabbing your package prior to the night of the event to save yourself the line-up! Plus, all participants who pick up their package early at Creekside Community Centre will be entered to win a Drencher Jacket and a $100 gift card courtesy of MEC!
3. Can I pick up a ride package for someone else?
Yes, just ask them to fill out the online waiver ahead of time if you purchased tickets for them.
4. Can I buy tickets on the day of the event?
Tickets can be purchased on the day of the event with any major credit card. We strongly recommend buying tickets in advance to avoid a line up (and to get yourself the best ticket prices)! Tickets are only $10 for HUB Cycling members and $15 for non-members until September 1st!
5. Is this an event for families?
Definitely! It is an easy and fairly flat 10 km route, which should take approximately an hour to an hour and a half. Plus children and youth under 16 are free!
6. Tell me more about what my ticket is supporting.
HUB Cycling makes biking better in Metro Vancouver through education, action and events. More cycling means healthier, happier, more connected communities. We're leading the way in making cycling an attractive choice for everyone. You can also find out more about us on our website.
7. Tips for a safe ride
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed while riding or at event sites
- Leave no Trace – dispose of your trash responsibly in the bins provided. We want to host this event again next year!
- Stay hydrated! Bring a refillable water bottle, we will have a water station on site for you to fill up and reduce waste!
- Control your speed and ride at a leisurely pace (this is not a race) and be prepared to slow down or stop for congestion, road hazards or to allow transit to cross through major arterials areas. Do not pass the lead marshals of the ride
- Please ensure your bike is equipped with at least one white front light and one red back light as well as a back red reflector
- Use hand signals to indicate that you are stopping or turning
- Move completely off the road or path if stopping for any reason
- Do not ride against the flow of people on bikes
- Maintain adequate distance between yourself and other people on bikes
- Keep at least one hand on the handlebars at all times
- Be prepared to stop at select intersections indicated by ride marshalls
- Have fun!
Still have questions? Get in touch!
Contact us at 604-558-2002 or email@example.com
A huge thank you to our amazing sponsors!