Bike the Night Presented by MEC
On Saturday, September 15th, be part of the largest night ride in BC. Our city streets will be opened so that thousands of riders can experience Vancouver’s most iconic roadways after dark. Deck out your bike in lights and spread good cycling vibes with over 5000 other riders of all ages on this 10 kilometre slow roll.
Signing up to ride supports HUB Cycling, a registered charity that has been working for 20 years to remove barriers to cycling and improve our communities, our health and our environment. Registration also includes entry to our pre-party with a DJ, free bike tune-ups and decorating, food trucks, a kids zone, and tons of awesome giveaways. You'll also be entered to win our grand prize!
Pre-party at 6pm, ride starts at 8pm! Stay tuned for downtown Vancouver start location announcement and route map!
Check out more photos here.
|Rate||Dates||Member Price||Non Member Price||Membership + Ticket|
|Launch Rate||Until June 4||$5||$10||$35|
|Early Bird Rate||Jun 5 - Aug 31||$7.50||$15||$37.50|
|Regular Rate||Sept 1 - Sept 14||$10||$20||$40|
|Last Minute Rate||Sept 15||$25||$25||$55|
|Children 16 and under are free|
Get your family, friends, and colleagues together! Groups of 10 or more receive our special member rate. Only $5 each until June 4th! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
1. How do I get involved?
SPONSORSHIP AND ENGAGEMENT
For more information on sponsorship and engagement opportunities please email email@example.com
Looking to gain event experience? Volunteer for Bike the Night 2018 and be part of one of the most exciting bike events this year! Join an awesome community and celebrate with us at the volunteer appreciation party. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
HELP MAKE BIKING BETTER
This is a celebration but also a cause! By signing up to ride, you are helping us show decision makers that community members want to bike. Evidence like this can lead to improved bike infrastructure and more bike events.
Help us share the event!
2. How do I get the reduced ticket price?
HUB Members get discounted Bike the Night tickets and much, much more. HUB Cycling is a membership based charity and relies on our members to do our work. Join HUB as a member and help make Metro Vancouver a safer and better place to cycle. As a member you also get great benefits including discounts at over 40 bike and gear shops, deals on car and bike sharing and invites to fun events throughout the year including Launch Parties, the Fall Fashion Show and the HUB Holiday Party. Join us!
Another great way to score discounted tickets is to Bike the Night with a crew! Grab 10 friends, family or colleagues and you'll be eligible for our group ticket rate - only $5 each until June 4th! Email email@example.com to register.
3. What does registration include?
- One entry to win our grand prize
- Entry to our pre-party which includes a DJ, free bike tune-ups and decorating, food trucks, a kids zone, and tons of awesome giveaways
- By signing up to ride you are supporting HUB Cycling, a registered charity that has been working for 20 years to make biking better in Metro Vancouver. The more people that sign up that stronger our voice when we push for better conditions and more fun events for cyclists. You can also find out more about HUB Cycling and our programs on our website.
4. What about the weather?
If it’s nice out, we bike the night. If it’s sprinkling, we bike the night, if it’s raining… we bike the night! MEC has got you covered for whatever Vancouver throws at you.
5. Where is registration package pickup?
Package pick up details coming soon!
6. Can I buy tickets on the day of the event?
Tickets can be purchased on the day of the event with any major credit card. We strongly recommend buying tickets in advance to avoid a line up (and to get yourself the best ticket prices)!
7. Is this an event for families?
Definitely! It is an easy and fairly flat 10 km route, which should take approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Plus children and youth under 16 are free!
8. Tips for a safe ride
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed while riding or at event sites
- Leave no Trace – dispose of your trash responsibly in the bins provided. We want to host this event again next year!
- Stay hydrated! Bring a refillable water bottle, we will have a water station on site for you to fill up and reduce waste!
- Control your speed and ride at a leisurely pace (this is not a race) and be prepared to slow down or stop for congestion, road hazards or to allow transit to cross through major arterials areas. Do not pass the lead marshals of the ride
- Please ensure your bike is equipped with at least one white front light and one red back light as well as a back red reflector
- Use hand signals to indicate that you are stopping or turning
- Move completely off the road or path if stopping for any reason
- Do not ride against the flow of people on bikes
- Maintain adequate distance between yourself and other people on bikes
- Keep at least one hand on the handlebars at all times
- Be prepared to stop at select intersections indicated by ride marshalls
- Have fun!
Still have questions? Get in touch!
Contact us at 604-558-2002 or firstname.lastname@example.org