Bike the Night Presented by MEC
On Saturday, September 15th, 2018 join HUB Cycling for BC's only open streets night ride! HUB Cycling will open up Vancouver's streets so that thousands of riders can experience Vancouver’s most iconic roadways after dark. Deck out your bike in lights and spread good cycling vibes with over 5000 other riders of all ages on this 10 kilometre slow roll.
Signing up to ride supports HUB Cycling - a registered charity that has been working for 20 years to remove barriers to cycling and improve our communities, our health and our environment.
Festival and live music at 6pm, the ride starts at 8pm! Registration coming soon.
Check out more photos here.
SPONSORSHIP AND ENGAGEMENT
For more information on sponsorship and engagement opportunities please email email@example.com
Looking to gain event experience? Volunteer for Bike the Night 2018 and be part of one of the most exciting bike events this year! Join an awesome community and celebrate with us at the volunteer appreciation party. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
HELP MAKE BIKING BETTER
This is a celebration but also a cause! By signing up to ride, you are helping us show decision makers that community members want to bike. Evidence like this can lead to improved bike infrastructure and more bike events.
Help us share the event!
Not a HUB Member yet? You are missing out on discounted Bike the Night tickets and more!
Join HUB as a member and help make Metro Vancouver a safer and better place to cycle. As a member you also get great benefits including discounts at over 40 bike and gear shops, deals on car and bike sharing and invites to fun events throughout the year including Launch Parties, the Fall Fashion Show and the HUB Holiday Party. Join us!
1. What about the weather?
If it’s nice out, we bike the night. If it’s sprinkling, we bike the night, if it’s raining… we bike the night! MEC has got you covered for whatever Vancouver throws at you.
2. Where is registration package pickup?
Package pick up details coming soon!
3. Can I buy tickets on the day of the event?
Tickets can be purchased on the day of the event with any major credit card. We strongly recommend buying tickets in advance to avoid a line up (and to get yourself the best ticket prices)!
5. Is this an event for families?
Definitely! It is an easy and fairly flat 10 km route, which should take approximately an hour to an hour and a half. Plus children and youth under 16 are free!
6. Tell me more about what my ticket is supporting.
HUB Cycling makes biking better in Metro Vancouver through education, action and events. More cycling means healthier, happier, more connected communities. We're leading the way in making cycling an attractive choice for everyone. You can also find out more about us on our website.
7. Tips for a safe ride
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed while riding or at event sites
- Leave no Trace – dispose of your trash responsibly in the bins provided. We want to host this event again next year!
- Stay hydrated! Bring a refillable water bottle, we will have a water station on site for you to fill up and reduce waste!
- Control your speed and ride at a leisurely pace (this is not a race) and be prepared to slow down or stop for congestion, road hazards or to allow transit to cross through major arterials areas. Do not pass the lead marshals of the ride
- Please ensure your bike is equipped with at least one white front light and one red back light as well as a back red reflector
- Use hand signals to indicate that you are stopping or turning
- Move completely off the road or path if stopping for any reason
- Do not ride against the flow of people on bikes
- Maintain adequate distance between yourself and other people on bikes
- Keep at least one hand on the handlebars at all times
- Be prepared to stop at select intersections indicated by ride marshalls
- Have fun!
Still have questions? Get in touch!
Contact us at 604-558-2002 or email@example.com
A huge thank you to our amazing sponsors!