Bike The Night
BC's biggest party on two wheels is back! Bike enthusiasts of all ages and abilities will form a luminous parade through Vancouver's city streets. Pedal on car-free roads with 5000 other cyclists, explore some of the city's most iconic bike routes, and take in the sights after dusk.
A shot at winning our grand prize... a $500 gift card to MEC
One entry to win a Two Wheel Gear Bag if you register before June 8th
Entry to our pre-party which includes live DJ's, simple bike fixes from MEC, food trucks, games, and tons of giveaways
Vehicle relief if you are unable to complete the ride
On road bike mechanic support
Free 24 hour pass from Mobi by Shaw Go bike share for the event
By signing up to ride you're supporting HUB Cycling, a registered charity that has been working for over 20 years to make biking better in Metro Vancouver
Prices and Deals
- 16 and under ride free
- Save 50% with our early bird rate.. $10 until June 8th
- Prices increase closer to the event
- 25% off for HUB Cycling members and groups (10+)
|Rate||Dates||Member Price||Non Member Price||Membership + ticket|
|Early Bird Rate||Until June 8||$5||$10||$35|
|Regular Rate||Jun 9 - Aug 31||$7.50||$15||$37.50|
|Event Week Rate||Sep 1 - Sep 7||$10||$20||$40|
|Children 16 and under||All dates||Free||Free||Free
- Event kicks off at 6pm
- Downtown Vancouver location will be announced soon... stay tuned
- Enjoy live DJ's, simple bike fixes from MEC, food trucks, games, and tons of giveaways
- Costumes are encouraged! Plan a group costume with friends or family for extra points
- Outfit your ride with lights, reflectors, and stickers.. the brighter, the better
The Ride & Route
- Vancouver's only official car-free night ride
- All ages and abilities welcome
- 2019 route coming soon.. check out our 2018 ride below
FAQ'S & OTHER INFO
We're working hard on our 2019 route.. check out the ride from last year in the meantime.
Sponsorship and Engagement
For more information on sponsorship and engagement opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Make Biking Better
This is a celebration but also a cause! By signing up to ride, you are helping us show decision makers that community members want to bike. Evidence like this can lead to improved bike infrastructure and more bike events.
Help us share the event!
Volunteer With Us
Looking to gain event experience? Volunteer for Bike the Night 2019 and be part of one of the most exciting bike events this year! Join an awesome community and celebrate with us at the volunteer appreciation party.
- Promotion Team: Help distribute flyers and posters to bike shops, stores, and community centres in Vancouver! Volunteers will be in teams of two or more and will bike around Vancouver to promote the event in August..
- Registration Package Pick Up Team
- Set Up Team: Help set up the event in the day and then enjoy the night ride
- Registration Crew: Help welcome and register guests
- Route Control and Cheer Squad: Gain experience with route operations and help mark the ride route, guide people during the ride, and cheer people on
- Information Team: Talk to all the excited participants and help answer questions
- Sustainability Crew: Help us make sure we leave no trace! You can help at the pre-party and/or following the riders on bike!
- Bike Decoration Tent: Help participants and kids decorate their bikes
- Photographers: Take pictures at the pre-party and along the route
- Ride Marshals: Ride along particpiants and ensure everyone is safe on the ride
- Take Down Team: Enjoy the event and then help us clean up! We are always short on volunteers/staff for take down, your help would be so appreciated!
How do I get the reduced ticket price?
It's more fun with a crew! Grab 9 friends, family or colleagues and you'll be eligible for our group ticket discount of 25%. Email email@example.com to register or learn more!
HUB Members also get 25% off Bike the Night tickets and much, much more. Join HUB as a member and help make Metro Vancouver a safer and better place to cycle. You'll be joining a rad community and will get great benefits including discounts at over 40 bike and gear shops, deals on car and bike sharing, and invites to fun events throughout the year.
What about the weather?
If it’s nice out, we bike the night. If it’s sprinkling, we bike the night, if it’s raining… you better believe we bike the night! MEC has got you covered for whatever Vancouver throws at you.
Is this event family friendly?
Definitely! The route will be accessible for people of all ages and abilities. Plus children and youth under 16 are free!
What if I don't have a bike?
Mobi by Shaw Go, will be offering free 24 hour bike share passes to all registered participants. The promo code will be in your confirmation email when you register.
Map of Mobi Stations - Find more info at Mobi by Shaw Go
Tips for a safe ride
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed while riding or at event sites
- Leave no Trace – dispose of your trash responsibly in the bins provided. We want to host this event again next year!
- Stay hydrated! Bring a refillable water bottle, we will have a water station on site for you to fill up and reduce waste!
- Control your speed and ride at a leisurely pace (this is not a race) and be prepared to slow down or stop for congestion, road hazards or to allow transit to cross through major arterials areas. Do not pass the lead marshals of the ride
- Please ensure your bike is equipped with at least one white front light and one red back light as well as a back red reflector
- Use hand signals to indicate that you are stopping or turning
- Move completely off the road or path if stopping for any reason
- Do not ride against the flow of people on bikes
- Maintain adequate distance between yourself and other people on bikes
- Keep at least one hand on the handlebars at all times
- Be prepared to stop at select intersections indicated by ride marshalls
- Have fun!
Be prepared in the unfortunate case of an incident on your bike, or when encountering a dangerous situation on a bike route. Use these resources to better understand what to do and how to protect yourself. All Bike the Night participants will receive in their ride packages a wallet card containing important and useful information sponsored by David Hay, Q.C., of Richards Buell Sutton LLP.
What are the best lights to use?
You can not bike the night without lights! Here are some of our favourites from MEC.
SpokeLit LED Wheel Light Disc-O Select
Keep the party rolling with this spoke mounted light. Choose from 6 colours, or cycle through the colours for a 2-wheeled light show. Makes you more visible from the sides.
Tire Sparx LED Valve Stem Lights
Motion activated valve stem lights that are sure to catch the attention of the most dazed drivers on the road.
This bright commuter light recharges from your computer, at home or at work. You can use it for added visibility even when riding in daylight, without worrying about running out of juice when it's dark.
This small light has a single white LED that burns for 100s of hours. Great to have on hand to deal with power outages or to make yourself more visible as a pedestrian or cyclist.
MEC Galaxy Dual USB Red/White Light
This compact little light fits in a pocket. It works as a front or rear light and charges in a couple of hours stuck in a USB port.
Still have questions? Get in touch!
Contact us at 604-558-2002 or firstname.lastname@example.org