Job Posting: Bike Education Instructor
July 17, 2023
Want to see more people biking?
Do you believe in the benefits of biking and love sharing your knowledge and experiences with others? Are you passionate about teaching and want to apply this to the world of safe cycling?
Join HUB Cycling’s incredible team of like-minded educators, aspiring teachers, outdoor enthusiasts, and active retirees. We are expanding our team by hiring several full-time and part-time Bike Education Instructors to start in fall 2023.
At HUB Cycling we aim to get more people cycling more often to create healthier, happier, more connected communities. Our Bike Education Instructors deliver engaging bike safety courses that reach thousands of youth and adults annually all across Metro Vancouver.
We encourage you to apply if you are someone who:
- Believes in the benefits of cycling for transportation;
- Is confident riding a bicycle in urban environments;
- Enjoys working with youth aged 8-14;
- s adaptable, friendly, and works well as part of a team.
- Comprehensive up-front training, plus ongoing coaching and professional development;
- Living Wage compensation (ranging from $23.80-28.00/hr + 6% vacation pay, depending on experience);
- 10 annual paid wellness days;
- Paid prep and travel time for programs throughout Metro Vancouver
- Pro-deals for major outdoor brands, and service recognition swag;
- Friendly and supportive co-workers with shared passions;
- Preferred weekday availability is taken into account when scheduling
Visit bikehub.ca/instructing for full details about the position, including how to apply by Sunday, August 27th.
HUB Cycling is committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace and to working with people and communities to help them thrive and prosper. Our diversity allows us to fully understand, connect to, and respond to the needs of our members and communities. HUB Cycling encourages women, Indigenous people, people of colour, LGBTQ2S+ and individuals from other diverse communities to apply, and to self-identify as belonging to one or more of these groups if they choose.