Advance Your Ride
- August 24 and 25, 2019 at the HUB Cycling office - REGISTER NOW
Spend two days discussing and learning about all things urban cycling with like-minded cycling enthusiasts. Advance Your Ride teaches effective cycling for those who already ride on the road, and want to increase their skills and knowledge about riding in a wide variety of urban street settings. Each participant has the opportunity to take a written exam and 1-on-1 road test to become Bike Right certified.
This two-day course includes a combination of classroom and on-bike instruction with a 15km bike ride each day to take your learning to the road. This course covers in-class and on-road topics such as:
- Duration: Full weekend course – 2 days (9am-5pm)
You’ll need a road-safe bike, lock and helmet (both days); participants in all Advance Your Ride courses should be prepared to ride for approximately 15km each day.
- Cost: $225 HUB Members / $250 Non-HUB-Members (+GST). If you're not a HUB Member join HUB today! Not sure if you are a member of if your membership is still valid? contact our membership team
Covers the full weekend of course instruction, exam and certification.
- Audience: Ages 16 and up.
- Refund Policy: Prior to 7 days in advance of a course, HUB will happily provide a credit to a registered participant for a future course to accommodate schedule changes. In the week immediately proceeding a course, payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Bike Right Certification
For those wishing to receive instructor certification, Bike Right is the new standard for transportation cycling instruction, and all HUB Cycling Instructors are required to become certified after being hired. This course is not instructor training, but is a certification in order to become an instructor with high level of cycling skill and knowledge. The certification covers all Advance Your Ride topics above, plus:
- Discussion of best practices for leading groups of riders - kids and adults
- Instruction on latest cycling research on safe routes and how to encourage cycling adoption
- A one-on-one road test outside of class time
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the course interest list or to find out more about this course.