8 Ways You Can Help the Planet this Earth Day (April 22)
April 4, 2022
Getting around on two wheels really is better for the planet. It’s also more affordable than other forms of transportation like driving, especially amidst record-breaking gas prices, and a great way to get exercise.
Earth Day takes place Friday, April 22 this year. Check out these eight ways you can support HUB Cycling in getting more people cycling, more often this Earth Day:
- Empower HUB Cycling to continue our work improving cycling conditions across Metro Vancouver by making a donation to support our advocacy work
- Join HUB as a lifetime, card-carrying member for just $10. The more members we have, the stronger our voice is when we advocate for safer and better biking for all ages and abilities. Let’s add 500 new members by Earth Day!
- Register for HUB Cycling’s Spring Go by Bike Week happening from May 30-June 5, 2022. Registration opens on Earth Day, April 22!
- Go for a bike ride! Need to brush up on your skills? Take a StreetWise Cycling course online or in-person this spring.
- Volunteer as a cycling mentor for recently arrived immigrants and refugees for HUB Cycling’s Newcomer Bike Mentorship Program.
- Donate your repairable old bike to Our Community Bikes, which supplies bikes for HUB Cycling’s programs for newcomers and racialized youth.
- Get a Bike Friendly Buildings assessment for your planned or existing building, to ensure that its design, equipment, and policies do the most possible to promote and reward cycling.
- Sign-up for HUB Cycling’s newsletter to stay up to date on cycling-related news, events, and upcoming advocacy campaigns that you can support