Advance Your Ride
Our most in-depth and advanced cycling course
Spend a weekend discussing and learning about all things urban cycling with like-minded cycling enthusiasts. Advance Your Ride teaches effective cycling for those who already ride on the road, and want to increase their skills and knowledge about riding in a wide variety of urban street settings. Each participant has the opportunity to take a written exam and 1-on-1 road test to become Bike Right certified.
This 16hr course includes a combination of in-person and on-bike instruction, including a couple of 15km bike rides to apply your learning to the road. This course covers discussion and on-road topics such as:
- Duration: 16 hours over 2 days // Saturday & Sunday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, plus an optional 1h road test for those wishing to become certified
- Location: 312 Main St., Vancouver // road rides through downtown Vancouver
- Equipment: You’ll need a road-safe bike, lock and helmet, and participants should be prepared to ride for approximately 15km each day.
- Cost: $225 HUB Members / $250 Non-HUB-Members (+GST). If you're not a HUB Member join HUB today! Not sure if you are a member of if your membership is still valid? contact our membership team
Covers 16hr of course instruction, exam and certification.
- Audience: Ages 16 and up.
- Refund Policy: Prior to 7 days in advance of a course, HUB will happily provide a credit to a registered participant for a future course to accommodate schedule changes. In the week immediately proceeding a course, payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Bike Right Certification
For those wishing to receive instructor certification, Bike Right is the new standard for transportation cycling instruction, and all HUB Cycling Instructors are required to become certified after being hired. This course is not instructor training, but is a certification in order to become an instructor with high level of cycling skill and knowledge. The certification covers all Advance Your Ride topics above, plus:
- Discussion of best practices for leading groups of riders - kids and adults
- Instruction on latest cycling research on safe routes and how to encourage cycling adoption
- A one-on-one road test outside of class time
We will be running Advance Your Ride in early March 2022, with limited spaces available. If you would like us to notify you if we have spaces available, please fill in this course interest form.