Bike Friendly Building Consulting & Certification
Bike Friendly Building Consulting and Certification supports developers, property managers, employers, and other stakeholders across Metro Vancouver by:
- Certifying and providing building assessments based on a set of expert standards
- Consulting on all aspects of bike infrastructure for planned and existing developments
- Delivering a professional report to inform building design and programming
- Analyzing sites to support municipal applications and other variances
- Awarding and recognizing leaders in cycling infrastructure
HUB Cycling is a member of the Urban Development Institute.
Add your email below for a Free Consultation:
Recent Project Updates
The Bike Friendly Buildings Consulting team has recently been busy with several projects:
- The BC First Nations Health Authority is engaging HUB Cycling's Bike Friendly Building services to advise design, equipment, and policies to encourage staff to cycle to their new Head Office building on Tsleil Waututh land on the North Shore.
- Bosa Properties is in the early planning stages of a major two-tower residential development in the Downtown Vancouver area. Bosa has engaged HUB Cycling's Bike Friendly Building services to advise all aspects of design for cycling facilities during early design phases. The new facilities will be located on an entire floor at ground level, with a goal of reducing the number of required car parking spaces.
- Intracorp has a goal for its rental residential development on Vanness Street in Vancouver to become a locus of cycling for the Joyce-Collingwood area. To achieve that goal, Intracorp has contracted HUB Cycling's Bike Friendly Building expertise to advise early planning for cycling facilities and local bike network connections.
- Vancouver Coastal Health contracted HUB Cycling to complete a Bike Friendly Building analysis of primary Vancouver General Hospital (VGH) buildings to increase cycling among VGH employees. HUB Cycling provided guidance on increasing parking capacities for diverse types of bicycles, and recommendations for improving access around the VGH site, which are now informing medium- and long-term planning by the health authority.
- Streetworks, the Hudson's Bay Company real estate arm has engaged HUB Cycling's Bike Friendly Building services to advise project design, including a two-floor active transportation (AT) hub to serve the broader central business district area. The BFB team will continue advising Streetworks in the coming months so the AT hub is an exciting and impactful community resource.
- The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) contracted HUB Cycling to assess and provide recommendations for improvements and expansion of cycling facilities at Children's and Women's Hospital. PHSA's goal is to make cycling more accessible and attractive to its employees. Based on our Bike Friendly Building team's recommendations, PHSA is installing additional bike parking in the short term and planning additional improvements over time.
- Hudson Pacific Properties completed major improvements to Bentall Centre including adding world-class cycling amenities, based on recommendations from a HUB Cycling Bike Friendly Buildings assessment. The project included a major expansion of bike parking, engaging aesthetics, and wayfinding resources in cycling areas, and fully automated doors and lighting to ease building access. See video of the completed design.
- Boffo Properties received HUB Cycling's support to develop exemplary cycling design and facilities for "The Smithe", a new condo building in Vancouver's Yaletown. See video of the completed design.
Past & Current Clients
Bike Friendly Buildings Copyright: Copyright for Bike Friendly Building reports and other products belongs solely to HUB Cycling. Bike Friendly Building documents may not be forwarded to others, transmitted, downloaded, or reproduced in any way without express written permission of the copyright holder.
Intellectual Property Ownership: HUB Cycling shall exclusively own all rights, titles, and interests, including all related Intellectual Property Rights, in and to the Bike Friendly Building assessment process and report framework. Service agreements are not sales and do not convey any rights of ownership in or related to HUB Cycling's Bike Friendly Building processes and products. HUB Cycling's name and logo, and Bike Friendly Building product and service names, are the intellectual property of HUB Cycling, and no right or license is granted to third parties unless expressly permitted by HUB Cycling in writing.