Basic Bike Maintenance
Gain more confidence making minor fixes.
Bring your own bike and we’ll show you how to do a basic inspection to make sure it’s in good running order. Doing the simple things on a regular basis will extend your bike's life! All courses will be held outdoors, rain or shine. These courses are all FREE!
No upcoming courses scheduled at this time
Learn how to:
- Clean and oil your chain
- Check your brakes and gears for wear
- Fix a flat tire (not really such a big deal after all!) *fixing a flat is covered mainly in 2 hour courses
- Know when it's a good idea to take your bike in for professional service
- Duration: 1 or 2 hours
- Location: community centres and libraries at select locations in Metro Vancouver
- Cost: Varies depending on location
- Audience: Ideal for ages 16 and up; exceptions may be made for youths 12-16 accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Although you don’t need to bring your bike, we recommend you do so for hands-on learning and to get the most out of the course!