Basic Bike Maintenance
Gain more confidence making minor fixes.
Bring your own bike and we’ll show you how to do a basic inspection to make sure it’s in good running order. Doing the simple things on a regular basis will extend your bike's life! All courses will be held outdoors, rain or shine. These courses are all FREE!
Saturday July 6 at Minoru Place Activity Centre, Richmond - seniors-focused course - Register Here
Learn how to:
- Clean and oil your chain
- Check your brakes and gears for wear
- Fix a flat tire (not really such a big deal after all!) *fixing a flat is covered mainly in 2 hour courses
- Know when it's a good idea to take your bike in for professional service
- Duration: 1 or 2 hours
- Location: community centres and libraries at select locations in Metro Vancouver
- Cost: Varies depending on location
- Audience: Ideal for ages 16 and up; exceptions may be made for youths 12-16 accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Although you don’t need to bring your bike, we recommend you do so for hands-on learning and to get the most out of the course!