We're hiring a Giving Manager
October 29, 2019
What we do
HUB Cycling is a charitable not-for-profit organization that has spent more than two decades removing barriers to cycling in Metro Vancouver while cultivating the health, environmental, and economic benefits that active transportation can bring. HUB has educated thousands of people, motivated thousands more, and championed improvements that #UnGapTheMap to create a connected cycling network.
HUB Cycling’s mission is to get more people cycling more often. We make cycling better through education, action, and events. More cycling means healthier, happier, more connected communities. We’re leading the way in making cycling an attractive choice for everyone.
What you’ll do
HUB Cycling seeks a creative and entrepreneurial Giving Manager to plan, execute, and manage an annual giving strategy. This position is responsible for managing an ambitious program to increase acquisition, improve recurring donations, implement innovative donor stewardship, and increase overall annual giving revenue. The Giving Manager will also be responsible for planning HUB Cycling’s major donor events including the annual giving reception.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the successful candidate will be a proactive, data-driven individual responsible for meeting annual fundraising targets, and ensuring best practices in all initiatives.
HUB Cycling is committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive organization and working with people and communities to support them to thrive and prosper. Diversity is integral to this commitment. Diversity among our members, volunteers, staff and Board of Directors allows us to better understand, connect to, and respond to the needs of HUB members and broader communities.
- Take lead on cultivating strategic relationships with donors through meaningful interactions
- Actively prospect for major donors
- Collaborate with Program Managers for developing donor database
- Improve donor retention and reactivate past donors
- Attend events, set meetings and make calls
- Thank you calls to donors, issue thank you cards
- Proficiently manage our CRM (CiviCRM) and email service (Mail Chimp)
- Track and report on fundraising activities
- Create and update the Giving Strategy
- Collaborate with Program Managers on content development
- Craft email and social media appeals for one-time and recurring gifts campaigns
- Develop and target specific donor segments
- Make a pitch to the group during the fundraising event
- Set up meetings for cultivation and asking
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and values of HUB Cycling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competency with computer software including database management (CiviCRM), Drupal, Google Drive, Gmail and Mail Chimp
- 3 + years of relevant work experience in the not-for-profit sector, combined with a university degree, or related college program
- Networking, effective communications, and personal relationship building are core strengths of this position
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and staff
- Full knowledge of current fundraising practices, procedures, and standards
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Conduct
- Certification from a recognized fundraising program an asset
- Ability to work outside regular work hours, if required
This is a full-time position (35 hours/week) at $22-$25/hour depending on skill and experience. HUB offers a very friendly and flexible work environment. Employee must have access to their own cell phone for work purposes. Competitive medical and dental benefits are included.
How to apply:
Please forward one document that includes a cover letter and resume and one relevant professional writing sample to email@example.com in PDF or Word format, with file name format firstname_lastnameGM.pdf. Please use the subject line “Giving Manager Application 2019”.
Applications Deadline Extended till 9 am on Monday, January 6th, 2019
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Download the full job posting PDF here.