Job Posting: Everyone Rides Grade 4-5 Manager
December 15, 2020
HUB Cycling is a charitable not-for-profit organization that has spent more than two decades removing barriers to cycling in Metro Vancouver, while cultivating the health, environmental, and economic benefits that active transportation can bring. HUB Cycling has educated and motivated thousands of people, and championed improvements that #UnGapTheMap to create a more connected cycling network.
HUB Cycling’s mission is to get more people cycling more often. We make cycling better through education, action and events. More cycling means healthier, happier, more connected communities. We’re leading the way in making cycling an attractive choice for everyone.
HUB Cycling is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive organization. Diversity is integral to this commitment. Diversity among our members, volunteers, staff and Board of Directors allows us to better understand, connect to, and respond to the needs of HUB members and the broader communities we engage with. HUB Cycling encourages women, Indigenous people, people of colour, and LGBTQIA and individuals from other diverse communities to apply, and we welcome you to self-identify in your application.
About HUB Cycling’s Bike Education Programs
HUB Cycling delivers bike education programs to thousands of youth and adults across Metro Vancouver each year. New in 2020, Everyone Rides Grade 4-5 was launched in partnership with local organizations in Kelowna and greater Victoria. Through courses in their elementary schools, students build the skills and confidence needed for safe and enjoyable urban cycling, and consistently report cycling more often after taking a course.
HUB Cycling seeks a Everyone Rides Grade 4-5 Manager to join our growing Bike Education team. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Bike Education, the ERG45 Manager will be responsible for the oversight, coordination, budgeting, evaluation and reporting of the Everyone Rides Grade 4-5 (ERG45) Program.
- Oversee all aspects of ERG45 program implementation outside of Metro Vancouver and assist with Metro Vancouver implementation.
- Understand the details of HUB Cycling’s Bike Education program delivery, including course delivery, equipment, program logistics and coordination best practices to the extent that this delivery model can be shared with other organizations to assist their program delivery.
- Support the hiring and training of remote Program Coordinators and Instructors; provides ongoing support to Program Coordinators during program implementation.
- Build and maintain relationships with ERG45 delivery partners, funders and stakeholders including government, non-profit and community groups, within and outside of Metro Vancouver.
- Respond to public/stakeholder correspondence regarding ERG45 outside of Metro.
- Implement an evaluation plan that captures key metrics, and oversees evaluation of programs taking place within and outside of Metro Vancouver as part of the ERG45 initiative.
- Quarterly reporting to executive director and Director of Bike Education;
- Lead in compiling and analyzing program data, and reporting to funders.
- Ensure the project runs within budget.
- Provide strategic and operational input to the future planning of a province-wide education program expansion.
- Assist with communications, social media and website updates as necessary.
- Assist with promotion and administration of the online course component of the program.
- Support additional tasks as needed and agreed upon with the Director of Bike Education.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and skilled at working with many partners to run effective and efficient school based programs.
- Friendly, professional and an excellent communicator who enjoys being a central point of contact for internal and external contacts and working as part of a close-knit team.
- Flexible and able to adapt to the peaks and flows of seasonal programs.
- Able to travel to program sites around British Columbia several times each Spring and Fall for program support and monitoring as needed (following public health orders). Overnight stays may be required a few times per year.
- generally knowledgeable about urban cycling rules and trends, cycling instruction methodology, and related matters.
- Passionate about the role bicycles can play in building happier, healthier and more connected communities.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with partners, volunteers and staff
- Committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Competency with computer software including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with public school systems.
- Ability to capture photos and videos to support program promotion and reporting.
- Familiarity with conducting program evaluation.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization.
This is a fixed term 35 hr/week employee position (until Dec 2021) with anticipated extension once program funding for 2022 and beyond is confirmed. Compensation is $23-$25/ hour depending on experience. Anticipated start date is in late January 2021 (with some flexibility).
All staff are expected to temporarily work remotely due to COVID-19. Staff must be reasonably available for future in-person meetings and events in Metro Vancouver that follow public health authority guidelines. It is expected that the applicant has a personal cell phone and reliable home internet connection. This position involves occasional on-call availability for communication with instructors and/or school staff outside of regular work hours.
- 3 weeks vacation and an additional 5 wellness days annually
- Competitive extended health and dental benefits after 3 months
- Flexible hours and time off in lieu
- Basic Computer set up
- $500 towards your home office set up and $25 a month towards internet costs whilst we work remotely (after a 3 month waiting period)
- A supportive and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds and identities are welcome
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume (in one PDF document) to email@example.com with “ERG45 Manager Application” as the subject line. Please ensure the file name follows the convention: “ERG45_Firstname_Lastname.pdf”. Deadline to apply is Sunday, Jan 10, 2021 however, we will review applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We thank all the applicants for your interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.