Job Posting: Director of Partnerships and Events
June 17, 2021
HUB Cycling seeks an innovative and strategic Director of Partnerships and Events to actively lead its strategy surrounding corporate partnerships and events. The DPE is responsible for soliciting, maintaining, and growing corporate sponsorships and leading HUB Cycling’s annual events. The Director will form part of HUB Cycling’s Senior Leadership Team and report directly to the Executive Director. The DPE will supervise events staff.
Corporate sponsorship (50% of the time)
- Solicit, confirm and steward corporate sponsors for HUB Cycling’s events, education and core advocacy work
- Build and maintain a pipeline of new corporate sponsorship opportunities including proactive outbound outreach (sales & business development) to generate new leads
- Develop the sales strategy (including targets), growth metrics, and KPIs that drive sponsorship goals for the team
- Act as the point of contact for key strategic accounts - maintain and grow these important strategic relationships
- Identify and lead on the confirmation of grants and funding for HUB Cycling’s events
- Timely execution and management of sponsor cultivation and stewardship activities including proposals and partnership agreements
Event program development and management
- Provide strategic oversight for the management and marketing of HUB Cycling’s numerous events and engagements, including but not limited to Bike to Work Week, Bike Awards and Bike to Shop
- Strategically increase program offerings and event participation rates
- Set and regularly review program participation targets
- Ensure events help reach and engage with new audiences
- Develop and oversee new events or programs which further the organization’s Strategic Priorities
- Potential to engage in media interviews as needed
HR/Management of Managers and Coordinators
- Hire, oversee and develop staff to plan and implement events
- Event and staffing capacity management - ensure events are staffed appropriately and events run within the team’s capacity
- Lead regular team communications including team huddles and weekly team meetings.
- Lead quarterly team meetings
- Ensure consistent safety and risk mitigation measures are undertaken
- Lead annual budget forecasting, sponsorship costing, and ongoing budget management for partnerships and events
- Oversee managers to ensure events and engagements are on a budget
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Oversee completion of reports for funders
- Oversee management and optimization of the program website and Bike to Work Week tracking tool
- Oversee event and engagement reporting to external corporate partners
- Contribute to the HUB Cycling Leadership Team - provide strategic and operational input to the broader HUB Cycling team
- Coordinate events and engagements campaigns with membership and donor drives
- Liaise with other HUB Cycling team members as appropriate
- Confident with soliciting corporate sponsorship and developing key accounts
- A strategic and motivated leader
- A strong communicator and team player
- Skilled at telling a convincing and clear story about the value of our work
- An exceptional time manager with a keen sense for prioritizing
- An experienced people manager, drawing out the best in others and their work
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Committed to principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- 5+ years relevant experience preferably in sponsorship stewardship and events
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker, able to support program development.
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships and partnerships with a diverse group of stakeholders including community, corporate and municipal partners
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated project and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team and deliver confidently under pressure
- Proficiency in using general office computer programs including Google Suite, project management software and CRM software.
- Believes in the environmental, social, health and community benefits of cycling for transportation.
This is a full-time position (35 hours/week) starting ASAP with compensation of $55,000-70,000 per year, depending on experience. HUB Cycling offers a very friendly and flexible work environment, and time off in lieu.
All staff is expected to temporarily work remotely due to COVID-19 with a likely part time return to shared office space in Vancouver in September 2021. Competitive medical, dental and vacation benefits are included. HUB Cycling is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive organization. Diversity is integral to this commitment. Diversity among our members, volunteers, staff and Board of Directors allows us to better understand, connect to, and respond to the needs of HUB members and broader communities.
- Three weeks vacation and an additional five wellness days annually.
- Competitive extended health and dental benefits after three months.
- Flexible hours and time off in lieu.
- Basic computer setup.
- $500 towards your home office set up and $25 a month towards ongoing home office costs while we work remotely (after a three-month waiting period).
How to apply
Please forward one document that includes a cover letter and resume and one relevant professional writing sample to email@example.com in PDF or Word format, with file name format FirstName_LastName_DPE. Please use the subject line “Director of Partnerships and Events 2021”.
Applications are due July 4, 2021.
We thank all the applicants for your interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an initial video call interview.