Job Posting: Communications & Fundraising Manager
August 8, 2022
Reports to: Director, Campaigns and Inclusion
HUB Cycling is a charitable not-for-profit organization that has spent more than two decades removing barriers to cycling in Metro Vancouver while cultivating the health, environmental, and economic benefits that active transportation can bring. HUB has educated thousands of people, motivated thousands more, and championed improvements that #UnGapTheMap to create a connected cycling network.
HUB Cycling is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Diversity is integral to this commitment. People with disabilities, women, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized groups and members of other marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply. HUB recognizes that 26 percent of people in B.C. speak a language other than Indigenous languages or English or French as their first language. We respect and value all the different languages people speak across the province. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion at bikehub.ca/diversity.
We acknowledge that HUB Cycling, through its various projects, operates on the traditional unceded territories of many First Nations in British Columbia. Learn more about the distinct languages, economic backgrounds, and First Nations communities in regions across British Columbia on this interactive map.
HUB Cycling seeks a creative and entrepreneurial Communications & Fundraising Manager to execute and manage our giving strategy. You will be responsible for bringing new individual and organizational donors through prospect research and cultivation strategies and managing a portfolio of existing donors with a mandate to deepen engagement and grow revenue.
The successful candidate will be a proactive, data-driven individual responsible for meeting annual fundraising targets and ensuring best practices in all initiatives. The Communications & Fundraising Manager will also be accountable for planning HUB Cycling’s major donor events, including the annual giving reception.
Are you an experienced storyteller with a track record of success who believes:
- More cycling means healthier, happier, more connected communities, and
- Cycling should be accessible to everyone, regardless of their age or abilities
In that case, we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop content and stories for fundraising campaigns, personalized donor correspondence and communication pieces.
- Manage engagement opportunities, stewardship and recognition needs for current donors and prospects.
- Proficiently manage our digital tools, including Facebook Fundraising, Customer Relationship Management system (CiviCRM), MailChimp and New Mode.
- Use effective methods and tracking systems to capture key metrics for campaign success and strategy development.
- Assist with donor-related events, pledge drives and other duties as assigned.
CORE KNOWLEDGE + SKILLS:
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and values of HUB Cycling.
- Possesses captivating storytelling skills.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Networking, effective communications and personal relationship building.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Conduct.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to secure significant funding.
Compensation: Full-time position (35 hours/week) at $30-$36/hour ($54,750-$65,700 annual), depending on skill and experience.
HUB offers a very flexible work environment. All staff temporarily work remotely part-time and have shared office space part-time due to COVID-19. Staff must be reasonably available for in-person meetings and events in Metro Vancouver that follow public health authority guidelines. The successful candidate must have a personal cell phone and a reliable home internet connection.
- Three weeks vacation.
- Competitive extended health and dental benefits after three months.
- Ten wellness days annually
- Flexible hours and time off in lieu.
- Basic computer setup.
- $500 towards your home office set up and $25 a month towards internet costs while we work remotely (after a three-month waiting period).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward one document that includes a cover letter and resume and one relevant professional writing sample to email@example.com in PDF or Word format, with file name format FirstName_LastName_CFM. Please use the subject line “Communications & Fundraising Manager”.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact the shortlisted candidates.
We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.