Job Description: Director of Engagement and Development (Closed)
January 7, 2020
At HUB Cycling our aim is to get more people cycling, more often because when more people use bikes for transportation, our communities become happier, healthier and more sustainable. HUB Cycling seeks an innovative and strategic Director of Engagement and Development (DED) to actively lead its strategy surrounding corporate partnerships, donor relations, fundraising initiatives and events. The DED is responsible for managing individual and corporate gifts as well as corporate sponsorships and giving campaigns. The Director is someone who will also help enhance and expand HUB Cycling’s successful events in order to help get more people on bikes across the region. The Director will form part of HUB Cycling’s Senior Leadership Team and report directly to the Executive Director. Direct reports include the Manager of Partnerships and Events as well as the Bike to Work Week Manager.
- Provide strategic oversight for the management and marketing of HUB Cycling’s numerous events, including Bike to Work Week, Bike the Night and Bike to Shop Days
- Develop and oversee new events or programs which further the organization’s Strategic Priorities
- Solicit, confirm and steward corporate sponsors for events
- Hire and oversee staff brought on to plan and implement events
- Oversee managers to ensure events are on budget
- Ensure consistent safety and risk mitigation measures are undertaken
- Generate and manage content for website pages or media releases, as needed
- Maintain detailed records of event participation rates and other statistics
- Oversee completion of reports for funders
Donor Relations and Fundraising
- Cultivate strategic relationships with donors through meaningful interactions
- Actively prospect for new donors, improve donor retention and reactivate past donors
- Attend networking events and set up meetings with current or prospective donors
- Update the Annual Giving Strategy and report on progress against strategic targets
- Craft email and social media appeals for donation campaigns
- Track and report on fundraising activities
- Support staff to attract and retain HUB Cycling Organization Members
- A strategic and motivated leader
- Skilled at telling a convincing and clear story about the value of our work
- Not afraid to make the ask to ensure our work continues
- Excited about developing successful fundraising campaigns
- An exceptional time manager with a keen sense for prioritizing
- An experienced people manager, drawing out the best in others and their work
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications (or related field) or experience. Certification from a recognized fundraising or events program an asset.
- 5+ years fundraising and event experience
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with donors, volunteers and staff
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Competency with computer software including database management
- Full knowledge of current fundraising practices, procedures and standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Conduct
This is a full-time position (35 hours/week) at $55,000-$70,000 per year depending on skills and experience. HUB offers a very friendly and flexible office environment with opportunities to work remotely when possible, and take additional time off in lieu. Competitive medical, dental and vacation benefits are included.
HUB Cycling is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive organization. Diversity is integral to this commitment. Diversity among our members, volunteers, staff and Board of Directors allows us to better understand, connect to, and respond to the needs of HUB members and broader communities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your cover letter and resume in one pdf document to email@example.com by January 22nd, 2020 with file name format firstname_lastnameDED.pdf. Please use the subject line: Director of Engagement and Development 2020
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted .