Job Description - 2020 Events Coordinator
June 5, 2020
At HUB Cycling our aim is to get more people cycling, more often to create healthier, happier, more connected communities.
HUB Cycling is committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace and to working with people and communities to help them thrive and prosper. Diversity is integral to this commitment. Our diversity allows us to fully understand, connect to, and respond to the needs of our members and communities. HUB Cycling encourages women, Indigenous people, people of colour, and LGBTQIA and individuals from other diverse communities to apply and to self-identify as belonging to one or more of these groups if they so choose.
The Events Coordinator will assist with the planning and logistics for HUB Cycling’s Bike to Shop Days under the direct supervision of HUB Cycling’s Director of Engagement and Development. The coordinator will provide additional support to the Bike to Work Week team, with support from the Bike to Work Week Senior Manager. More information about these events can be found at bikehub.ca/events.
- Event logistics
- Event revisioning and planning for 2020, due to COVID-19 & physical distancing measures (in collaboration with HUB Cycling team and sponsors)
- Plan, prepare and execute on-site event logistics
- Source, gather and pack event supplies
- Coordinate on-site volunteers/coordinators during event activations
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and management as necessary
- Supporter prizing & activations
- Lead on event supporter activations including food trucks, in-kind/supporter giveaways or activations, and other entertainment
- Communications & Marketing & Outreach
- Assist in the production of newsletters, website updates, social media and other marketing tools to engage participants
- Communicate with supporters and participants regarding event inquiries, activations, IT questions (with support from Office Manager when needed)
- Administer post-event surveys to compile and collect feedback and event outcomes
- Assist with compiling stats for year-end reporting
- Assist with other event-related tasks as needed
We require someone who is:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and skilled at working with many moving parts and logistics to run an effective event.
- Friendly, professional and an excellent communicator who enjoys being a central point of contact for internal and external contacts and working as part of a close-knit team.
- Confident and efficient using computer programs including Google Suite.
- Able to source and gather event supplies, including contacting outside organizations for donations.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Valid driver’s license and eligibility to drive Modo vehicles required (we use Modo vans to move large supplies)
- Passionate about the role bicycles can play in building happier, healthier and more connected communities.
- Able to work remotely from home; access to own computer and cellphone preferred
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends where necessary
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with local retailers, BIAs, and/or businesses.
- Experience working on events.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization.
Perks working for HUB Cycling:
- Flexible hours
- Friendly and supportive co-workers
- Getting paid to organize a bike events!
This is a short term contract position from June to October 2020 at 30-35 hrs/week. Pay rate is $21/hr. Work will mostly take place remotely from your home, with occasional in person meetings and on-site event coordination.
Position may be eligible for funding through Canada Summer Jobs. In your cover letter please indicate if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Please send a cover letter & resume in a single PDF document to email@example.com with ‘SHOP Coordinator’ in the subject line. Please ensure the file name follows the convention “SHOP_Firstname_Lastname.pdf”
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all the applicants for your interest. Due to the high number of applicants, only those selected for next steps will be contacted.