HUB Cycling Supports the Communities on the Move Declaration
February 15, 2017
Creating Smart, Fair and Healthy Transportation Options For All BC Communities
HUB Cycling is proud to be a part of the Communities on the Move Declaration, joining partners such as the BC Healthy Living Alliance, the Heart and Stroke Foundation, the Lung Association, and more.
In this important listening time leading up to the BC Provincial election, the declaration asks for a number of important cycling components including:
- A Provincial Active Transportation Strategy
- Provincial Government Investment of $100M per year over the next 10 years to support the development of local cycling and walking infrastructure within a larger provincial network
- Prioritizing the completion of connected cycling and walking transportation networks
- Developing an Active Transportation unit within the Ministry of Transportation to provide professional planning and policy expertise at the provincial level
- Investing in Active School Travel Planning and standardized cycling education for healthy, active children
Organizations in BC can strengthen this voice by endorsing the Declaration here.