Help wanted for COVID Notification and Wellness Check by Bike
April 7, 2021
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for help in implementing a COVID Notification and Wellness Check for North Shore, Vancouver and Richmond residents where phone and email notification is not possible. People cycling would assist by printing a letter notifying the individual of their positive result, bring it to their door, and ask them a few questions, freeing up medical professional time. This is paid, casual, as-needed work.
- You would not enter their home or apartment.
- You would wear a mask and remain 2m apart from the person.
- You do not need to have a clinical background.
- You should carry hand sanitizer and clean your hands before returning to your bike.
- If you don't have a printer, you could arrange to pick up a copy at the nearest VCH clinic.
When handing over the letter, it is an important opportunity for a “wellness check” - a non-clinical assessment of how the individual is doing and asking if they have everything they need for their self-isolation period.
If you are interested, please reply using one of these email links:
- I'd help in West Van for Bike Outreach
- I'd help in North Van for Bike Outreach
- I'd help in downtown & Central Vancouver for Bike Outreach
- I'd help in East Van for Bike Outreach
- I'd help in the west side of Vancouver for Bike Outreach
- I'd help in Richmond for Bike Outreach
- I might be interested in helping but I have some questions