Join our new Youth Advisory Group (Committee)!
Are you a young person who loves to bike and wants to work with other passionate young people to get more people cycling more often? HUB Cycling is currently recruiting youth aged 14-24 to join our new Youth Advisory Group (Committee). As a youth-led group, it will be run on its members' terms, focusing on what is important to them.
We want to include a wide range of diverse voices and perspectives—we especially encourage you to apply if you come from a racialized, marginalized, and/or resource-limited background.
What will you do on the Youth Advisory Group?
- Attend a 1-2 hour meeting, once a month, to discuss issues related to cycling advocacy that are important to them.
- Spend 1-5 hours a month working on cycling advocacy-related actions outside of meetings
- Advocate for youth cycling concerns
- Plan and launch projects and campaigns to get more people—especially youth—to cycle more often
HUB Cycling’s Youth Advisory Group will be a platform for youth to collaborate on initiatives to engage their communities and get more people cycling more often.
Who are we looking for?
- Youth aged 14-24
- Live in Metro Vancouver
- Interest in environmental issues, biking, advocacy, active transportation, and/or urban planning
- Able to commit at least one year
- People with fresh perspectives
What’s in it for you?
- Meet like-minded and passionate youth
- Work on projects and campaigns that make a difference
- Be the youth voice for the biggest bike advocacy organization in Metro Vancouver
- Get volunteer credit hours
- Gain skills such as leadership, advocacy, graphic design, and public speaking
- Access to a $400 yearly budget
What’s the timeline?
- Deadline to join - December 31, 2021
- First meeting - Thursday, January 27, 2022, 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
- The group will work collaboratively with staff (Community Organizer) to come up with a framework for how the group will be run, and come up with an annual strategic plan to guide the group's work.
- August 2022 - evaluation and, possibly recruitment of additional members
The group's meetings are set for the fourth Thursday of the month, from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. The group's meetings dates and times can be changed if all members agree to the change.
Join by December 31st, 2021!
For any questions or inquiries, please contact us here.