Job Posting: Go by Bike Week Spring Event Activators (Contract: May 26 to June 3, 2022)
April 12, 2022
Love talking to people and want to help run an in-person event? HUB Cycling is hiring six Go by Bike Week event Activators!
About HUB Cycling and Go by Bike Week (May 30 to June 5, 2022):
HUB Cycling is Metro Vancouver’s cycling organization that encourages people of all ages and abilities to cycle more often. Go by Bike Week is a week-long event that encourages people to cycle more often. During the event, people can log their trips online at bikehub.ca/gbbw to win great prizes and visit Celebration Stations across Metro Vancouver.
Activators set up and run the Celebration Stations, high-energy pop-up stations across Metro Vancouver where the public can receive cycling resources, free snacks, and bike maintenance.
- Dates: May 26 to June 3, 2022
- Compensation: $925
- May 26th, 5-7 PM: 2-hour online training shift
- May 29th, 3-5 PM: 2-hour in-person shift to pack supplies at 312 Main St, Vancouver
- May 30th (Monday) to June 3rd (Friday): Five 6.5 hour shifts between 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Looking for extra hours? We are looking for one Activator to take on an extra 50 hours from May 16 to 27, 2022 (two weeks before the event) to assist with event preparation. Let us know in your application if you’re interested.
- Class 5 Driver's license and two years of driving history in BC
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Willingness to work rain or shine
- Excited to engage with the public! (Prior customer service experience is preferred.)
- Successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Successful candidates who aren’t able to provide proof of full vaccination will be asked to wear a mask at all times when working in shared spaces, indoors and outdoors.
- Set up and takedown Celebration Stations
- Drive event tent, table, and signage to each celebration station location (vehicle will be provided)
- Unload and set up the event tent, tables, and signage for each Celebration Station.
- Set up food, drinks, and cycling information
- Takedown the event tent, tables, and signage at the end of each activation and load the materials back into the vehicle.
- Engage the public at Celebration Stations
- Chat with members of the public about cycling resources and information and answer questions (training will be provided). You’ll be the face of HUB Cycling!
- Ensure all volunteers and participants comply with COVID-19 safety requirements
- Communicate with HUB Cycling staff via team WhatsApp and de-escalate any issues
- Volunteer management: host check-in meetings with volunteers before setting up each station and work with volunteers during the event to engage with the public.
- Ensure any line-ups for mechanic services are orderly
How to Apply:
Please email to email@example.com:
- Your resume
- A short paragraph introducing yourself and why you are interested in this position
Deadline to apply: Application extended to May 13th. Due to the high number of applicants, only those selected for the next steps will be contacted.
HUB Cycling’s commitment to equity:
HUB Cycling is committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace and to working with people and communities to help them thrive and prosper. Diversity is integral to this commitment. Our diversity allows us to better understand, connect to, and respond to the needs of our members and communities. HUB Cycling encourages women, Indigenous people, people of colour, and LGBTQIA and individuals from other diverse communities to apply.