Job Description - Bike to School Week Coordinator
June 5, 2020
At HUB Cycling our aim is to get more people cycling, more often to create healthier, happier, more connected communities.
HUB Cycling is committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace and to working with people and communities to help them thrive and prosper. Diversity is integral to this commitment. Our diversity allows us to fully understand, connect to, and respond to the needs of our members and communities. HUB Cycling encourages women, Indigenous people, people of colour, and LGBTQIA and individuals from other diverse communities to apply and to self-identify as belonging to one or more of these groups if they so choose.
HUB’s Bike to School Week Coordinator plans and implements all aspects of HUB’s annual Bike to School Week event, under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Bike Education. They ensure that all aspects of the event are delivered successfully, effectively, within budget and on time.
- Event revisioning and planning for 2020, due to COVID-19 & school circumstances (in collaboration with HUB team)
- Event outreach to schools, Parent Advisory Councils, municipal and school district staff, and sustainability-oriented organizations to increase event participation
- Facilitate the design and printing / publishing of event promotional materials such as posters, stickers, and flyers
- Lead social media and newsletter marketing campaigns to increase event registration and boost engagement
- Assist Program Manager with sponsorship proposal and relationship management including executing deliverables on media and corporate sponsorships
- Oversee event budget and ensure event stays within budget
- Update Bike to School Week website as needed
- Provide ongoing support to registered schools including facilitating event package distribution
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and management as necessary
- Source in-kind donations for school packages and event prizing
- Administer post-event surveys to compile and collect feedback and event outcomes
- Assist the Program Manager in compiling and analyzing program data, and reporting
- Organize a Bike to School Week launch event to garner positive media attention and further promote participation
- Support additional event-related and bike education team tasks as needed and as agreed upon with the Program Manager.
We require someone who is:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and skilled at working with many moving parts and logistics to run an effective event.
- Friendly, professional and an excellent communicator who enjoys being a central point of contact for internal and external contacts and working as part of a close-knit team.
- Confident and efficient using computer programs including Google Suite.
- Able to source and gather event supplies, including contacting outside organizations for donations.
- Passionate about the role bicycles can play in building happier, healthier and more connected communities.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with public school systems.
- Familiarity with conducting program evaluation and report writing.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization.
Perks working for HUB Cycling:
- Flexible hours
- Friendly and supportive co-workers
- Getting paid to organize a bike education event!
This is a short term contract position from June to October 2020 at 30-35 hrs/week. The pay rate is $21/hr. Work will mostly take place remotely from your home, with occasional in-person meetings.
Position may be eligible for funding through Canada Summer Jobs. In your cover letter please indicate if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Please send a cover letter & resume in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘BTSW Coordinator’ in the subject line. Please ensure the file name follows the convention “BTSWCoord_Firstname_Lastname.pdf”
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all the applicants for your interest. Due to the high number of applicants, only those selected for the next steps will be contacted.