Important Open Houses in Maple Ridge & Surrey
March 7, 2016
This week, Maple Ridge and Surrey will hold public open houses on corridor developments and city centre planning, providing opportunities to give feedback about needed safety improvements for cycling and walking.
In Maple Ridge, three open houses occur on Wednesday and Thursday:
- 123rd Ave Corridor Management Strategy Open House (203rd St to Laity)
March 9, 5-8pm, Laity View Elementary School
- 123rd Ave Corridor Management Strategy Open House (Laity to 216 St)
March 10, 5-8pm, Laity View Elementary School
- 128th Ave (Abernathy Way) Widening Project (216th to 224th Streets)
March 10, 4-8pm, Maple Ridge Municipal Hall
At right - construction of a new bike path along 128th Avenue in Maple Ridge. Photo courtesy Maple Ridge & Pitt Meadows News.
In Surrey, here is your chance to preview the future vision for the entire 581-hectare City Centre plan.
- Surrey City Centre Plan - Open House
March 9th, 4:30-7:30 - presentation at 6:00 p.m.
City Centre Library - 10350 University Drive
Residents, owners, students, businesses, and other interested parties can:
- See plans for future City Centre bike lanes and greenways
- Learn about the new buildings, parks services, and transit planned for downtown
- View displays of different City Centre neighbourhoods and land uses
- Plus - new computer-based, 3-D City Centre building model, interactive kids activities