Lime's First Ride Academy
June 21, 2022
Lime is the world’s largest shared electric vehicle company. They are on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. They have recently launched their e-bike and e-scooter share service in Richmond.
Lime is partnering with HUB Cycling to run a First Ride Academy in Minoru Park so that anyone in Richmond wanting to try a scooter or e-bike can learn how under the guidance of two highly experienced HUB instructors who will be able to assist with helmet fittings and road safety tips!
Saturday, July 9th, 12pm - 2pm.
August dates TBD
September dates TBD.
Here's a recap of where e-scooters are permitted to operate in Richmond!
- streets with cycling facilities such as bike lanes;
- local streets without cycling facilities, defined as a street without lanes lines or a directional dividing line and a maximum speed limit of 50 km/h or less;
- streets without cycling facilities that have a directional dividing line and a maximum speed limit of 30 km/h;
- off-street paved pathways next to the roadway or in parks that are signed and marked for shared use with pedestrians.
- E-scooters are not permitted on sidewalks or on unpaved trails. Maximum speeds are:
- 20 km/h on roadways
- 15 km/h on paved pathways shared with pedestrians